• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Aggressive dog breed

chumps, the Ohio pit bull legislation is already a done deal. went into effect two days ago.

I read a stat where dog bites account for one third of HO liability claims. Surprised that companies aren't more strict about it. Many only exclude dog bites AFTER the dog has already bitten someone.

LOL, Thank You, BUT, do you not think rules from the companies havent changed in these 5 years?

Ugh, RBA your double-negatives are KIIIIILLLLIIIING me! But that's it though, everything else is cool :laugh:

Let's abbreviate?

L2Search
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
chumps, the Ohio pit bull legislation is already a done deal. went into effect two days ago.

I read a stat where dog bites account for one third of HO liability claims. Surprised that companies aren't more strict about it. Many only exclude dog bites AFTER the dog has already bitten someone.

A lot of companies don't care about things at first. They will often non-renew for the loss or non-renew if the client isn't doing anything to fix the problem.

My safeco underwriter, for example, said that if there was a trampoline claim then they would non-renew if they inspected the property and still see the trampoline with no net, or still broken, or things like that. Dogs might be the same way.

Maybe your better bet is finding a company that doesn't include certain dogs. Safeco doesn't include German Shepards in NC, for example, while Kemper does.

Last edited:
I can't believe Ohio would pass a law like that.

Latest posts

Back