AGLA Training

Just a quick update for any future reader. I have completed my 17 week validation period with AGLA and am 1 week away from validating. I hit my required mark and will go on the regular pay program next week. Also, I've already qualified for one company trip that is still a few months away. I have seriously considered quitting approximately 8.5 times in the past few months, but I'm glad I stuck it out. From reading the comments of some of you more seasoned agents on this forum, I know that those 'leaving feelings' will probably return but its good to have some small wins under my belt.

For new agents considering AGLA (or any captive company, probably)...the biggest lesson learned for me so far is DON'T WAIT ON ANYONE. If you wait on your manager or 'trainer' then you will starve. Just make as many appointments as you can and if nobody will go with you then just do what you can and schedule a follow-up appointment. Realizing that nobody has more on the line than I do when it comes to my success in this business has helped me greatly. I look forward to learning more from all you guys. Thanks a ton!
I worked for them nearly 20 years ago as a debit agent. As a matter of fact, it was my first home service job. I liked it, but I quit twice. They say once you leave twice they will never hire you back. Well, now I am older and never did get an insurance job that I really like - so I try to get back on at AGLA but I get told no. Do not quit if you think you may want your job back in the future, and especially do not quit twice.

peopleperson,

your threads pretty old, but if your still around could you give a little more detail about mgr. position w/ agla.
last year i interviewed with them for sales agent, decided it wasn't for me. anyway last week gen. mgr. called (the one i interviewed with) said he was impressed by me, blah, blah, blah and wanted to know if i was interested in a manager position. said i would be recruiting agents not prospecting new business. i'm in medicare and doing reasonably well, i don't want to screw that up by following the promise of huge paycheck with no safety net. I not afraid of long hours and hard work, if i were i wouldn't be in this crazy business.
I guess my question is are you still/ or how long did you manage for them and would you do it again?

thanks in advance for repley
rjalf
nc

peopleperson,

your threads pretty old, but if your still around could you give a little more detail about mgr. position w/ agla.
last year i interviewed with them for sales agent, decided it wasn't for me. anyway last week gen. mgr. called (the one i interviewed with) said he was impressed by me, blah, blah, blah and wanted to know if i was interested in a manager position. said i would be recruiting agents not prospecting new business. i'm in medicare and doing reasonably well, i don't want to screw that up by following the promise of huge paycheck with no safety net. I not afraid of long hours and hard work, if i were i wouldn't be in this crazy business.
I guess my question is are you still/ or how long did you manage for them and would you do it again?

thanks in advance for repley
rjalf
nc

I assume that when you interviewed with them last year, you were entering the business?

Think about it, you've got a year in the business, and you are working a completely different market from their target market. Also, they are completely captive. How are you going to be able to recruit, train and lead new agents in a market you have no experience in, and you've only got a year in the business yourself.

Also, what does it say about the company that they are calling people only a year into the business and offering a management position?

AGLA is a little more conservative, most captive companies push management after six months...

I assume that when you interviewed with them last year, you were entering the business?

Think about it, you've got a year in the business, and you are working a completely different market from their target market. Also, they are completely captive. How are you going to be able to recruit, train and lead new agents in a market you have no experience in, and you've only got a year in the business yourself.

Also, what does it say about the company that they are calling people only a year into the business and offering a management position?

AGLA is a little more conservative, most captive companies push management after six months...

If you can call a year versus six months conversative. :swoon:

Now of course, this guy may have 10 years in the business, which would certainly change things.

thanks for the response,
but yes i've been in the business right at 5 years.
but after thinking this through, I'm coming to my
senses. I guess the $ were scueing my better judgement.

but i'm still interested if anyone can tell me what it's like
being a manager for them. just curious

rjalf

So did I,HomeService.You weren't by any chance in NE Ohio,where you? Small world if you were.
Nope, I was in TX, still here. I would go back to work with them- but they won't have me because I quit twice and that is once too much. BTW, I quit both times because the managers were doing things I did not agree with- let's just leave it at that.

Sorry they won't change their tune and take you back. Corporate policies I suppose :goofy:

Ironically enough,my AGLA best buddy back then now lives in Texas....around Dallas I think. We still text quarterly / semi-annually kinda thing....Happy Birthday...Merry Christmas,etc.

Looking back,there were some pretty good times working there. But heck,I was thirty years old and it was ALL good :yes:

Sorry they won't change their tune and take you back. Corporate policies I suppose :goofy:

Ironically enough,my AGLA best buddy back then now lives in Texas....around Dallas I think. We still text quarterly / semi-annually kinda thing....Happy Birthday...Merry Christmas,etc.

Looking back,there were some pretty good times working there. But heck,I was thirty years old and it was ALL good :yes:
I'm in the Central TX area. The training there was OK, one of my staff managers was a tool then I quit then when I went back, they gave me a much better staff manager and I really liked him, but the head manager or division manager got promoted and moved- and we got another tool for a manager who moved in there. Yea, I was 24 or so- everything did seem good when I was 24, except management!! ha ha

Back