AIM Guaranteed Issue

I would post my opinions about certain products, but as I learned that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.. Keep digging you will find all the information you need...

You can post this without getting sued:

What do you think the potential liability is when you sell the most limited products to the sickest people?

Then we get to something I call "selective amnesia." That's when you explain the product properly yet your client gets slammed with bills.

They can:

A) Go BK
B) Hire an attorney to go after you or your E&O

If you have an ethical client they'll know what they bought and know you gave them a proper presentation. If not, let me know how the trial goes.

Talking to a GA for specialty life & health products. They have a few limited benefit medical plans that are guaranteed issue. They also market some GTL products.

AIM is supposedly issued by AMLI in most states and GTL in the others.

We started discussing AIM and he told me they do not allow their agents to market AIM on the same website as their products. They also considered refusing to offer their products to any agent who sells AIM but decided it would be impossible to police.

And then he dropped this bombshell.

GTL was unaware their name was attached to the hospital indemnity product. The only thing they insure is the accident benefit. They do NOT issue the "base" plan.

Their attorneys are furiously looking into this.

Imagine that . . .

A few years back they claimed to be underwritten by Chesapeake and had their logo on the brochures. I forwarded it to Chesapeake and one of their lawyers called me.

Seems AIM was in talks with Chesapeake but nothing was ever authorized. All of a sudden the Chesapeake info came off the brochures and literally a day later another carrier's logo was there.

Back