All Web Leads Inside Info

The Rabbi

Guru
1000 Post Club
I just received this information from a reliable source.

AWL does take the leads & first tries to call them for the Warm Transfer agents. They have one company in CA that spends $100k a month in Auto leads this way with them. If no response, they then go ahead & sell them to the agent base not buying warm transfers. So yes, you were correct in your statement in that they are competing against you.

They are very Proud of their new call center & the fact they can do it for almost 1/2 the cost of Double Positive. The reason. DP agents buy leads from us/a lead vendor & on average DP gets 1/6 on the phone. They call each lead 6 times. Those not contacted they have the agent put into an email campaign unless the contact info is bogus.

AWL. Calls 1 time. If no contact, they don't sell the lead to the agent buying warm transfers & distribute it to their network. If they get them on the phone, they still distribute 4 more times to the unfortunate agents:(

Yep, it sucks but AWL has ONE goal/priority and that is PROFIT, period. I heard that straight from their CEO's mouth.
:mad::nah::no:

I just wish I could get off their spam email list.
Their marketing director joined this forum (Julie.Pham) just to harvest emails.
I gave her Ricks email address because Rick likes spam.

and whats wrong with that?

I guess the post went over your head. Let me help you out. Profit is not all there is to a business, they also have to sell a viable product. Personally, I don't buy worthless merchandise and I certainly wouldn't sell it. If you don't mind buying useless leads, keep doing it - they need agents who are suckers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So...Julie obviously read what the Rabbi said.

What do you think? Scary if true.

Of course it's true. If they can't get the person on the phone after so many tries, they sell the lead as shared. It's obvious. The info was sent to me because I made the prediction on a thread. Occasionally an agent will catch the person and make a sale, keeping him on the line like a caught fish. We all know that most of the lead companies are selling us junk - incentive leads mostly and we spend all day trying to reach people who never answer the phone. In fact, they specialize in entering contests and have a special phone just for that purpose. I wouldn't bet that Julie will have the nerve to address this.

Last edited:
and whats wrong with that?

Nothing if you do it honestly. AWB are full on crooks. The practice listed above seriously dilutes the value of the lead and is pretty dishonest in my book. It'd be like buying a car from the dealer and then them putting 50,000 miles on it before they deliver it to you.

They've simply adopted a business model of ripping off the newbies instead of creating value for the working agent.

It will come back to them, you can not create a sustainable business by ripping off your customers, but they are doing a good job of it so far.

They flat out stole from me, if I wasnt working full time at a job and another 40+ hours getting my indy business off the ground I'd have already sued their ass.

I guess the post went over your head.

Nothing has gone over my head. I've known about this since they started their life transfer program.

Let me help you out. Profit is not all there is to a business, they also have to sell a viable product.

Of course I completely agree with you. Apparently their leads are viable to someone since they turn a profit and had the cash flow to purchase 2Insure4Less.

Personally, I don't buy worthless merchandise and I certainly wouldn't sell it.

Is that really true? Did you not have a link in your signature recently to an MLM or some product that was to be sold to seniors, and you caught a fair amount of flak about it?

If you don't mind buying useless leads, keep doing it - they need agents who are suckers.

I don't buy leads, I generate them, I used to buy from Pzone and 2insure4less. To turn a profit with either vendor, you need to know how to work the leads, when to work them, and the correct filters to purchase in order to maximize your ROI.

let's look at how many lead vendors are left standing who can provide volume. And understand if you want volume, there are going to be some crappy lead thrown in. If you want quality leads try some of the smaller vendors like Hometown quotes, LeadCo or Benepath or just buy Aged Leads. But then you will be back here complaining the your not getting volume.

Prospect Zone- Has a Life Transfer Service too. They try to call your leads first as well, before sending them off to you. Not to mention the GoHealth call center. And it would be not out of the realm of possibility for them to pull a "Vimo" and send them to the GoHealth call center too.

BankRate- InsureMe, Netquote and now ProducerPipeline(InsWeb).

Allwebleads-Insuranceleads.com

Looking at a health agent POV those are the main vendors to get volume from.

Here's an idea. Why don't you try becoming an advertiser for sure hits or brokers web. You will get higher quality leads at a significantly higher price point and then compare to see which provides you the better ROI.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It'd be like buying a car from the dealer and then them putting 50,000 miles on it before they deliver it to you.

Then go to another dealer who doesn't do that, take the car to a mechanic to make sure everything's good, or build your own car.

They've simply adopted a business model of ripping off the newbies instead of creating value for the working agent.

They can't make a living and be profitable just ripping off newbies, someone is buying their leads and selling insurance.

They flat out stole from me, if I wasnt working full time at a job and another 40+ hours getting my indy business off the ground I'd have already sued their ass.

How did they steal from you?

Last edited:
This is a prime example of why pre-set appointments are the way to go. If you still have to call them and arrange a meeting you are still cold calling, with just a few less dials. The firm you choose to use must be held accountable good or bad with the information they have provided, if they are not willing to do so they are coming to you with bad intentions. Research you potential firm make sure they are on the up and up and when you call them have pre-set questions ready and try to stump them, and honest firm will have the answers. There are firms that do believe in quality of their appointments rather than the quantity , and do produce results. Remember the firm you choose works for you!:err:

They should be busy selling not dialing. If your not out in front of an insured your not getting the premiums. if cold calling is your thing it is going to take 10 hrs a week to make it work but if you are dedicated it will boost your books at least in the B2B sector.

Back