Always or Never Verify PCP Network Participation

I've been doing it now for 7 years, and have never had a problem. In fact, most of the time, the lady in billing tells me to tell Mrs. Smith they are happy to keep her as a patient.

Maybe it's not what you say, but how you say it. I come across as an advocate, not just a salesman. There are times I give them the name and product code for two or three, and they call me back with which ones they work with.

HIPAA laws, and CMS laws for that matter, are there to protect beneficiaries from UNscrupulous agents. If you have morals and scruples, you won't be fined or penalized.

Just for sh(*ts and giggles, can someone post the chapter and verse that prohibits this?

I've been doing it now for 7 years, and have never had a problem. In fact, most of the time, the lady in billing tells me to tell Mrs. Smith they are happy to keep her as a patient.

Maybe it's not what you say, but how you say it. I come across as an advocate, not just a salesman. There are times I give them the name and product code for two or three, and they call me back with which ones they work with.

HIPAA laws, and CMS laws for that matter, are there to protect beneficiaries from UNscrupulous agents. If you have morals and scruples, you won't be fined or penalized.

Just for sh(*ts and giggles, can someone post the chapter and verse that prohibits this?

Name of person + information on what health insurance they have = Protected health information

Summary of the HIPAA Privacy Rule

Doesn't matter to me how you do it but I'm not sure how anyone else comes off like a salesman. I just asked which Medicare advantage plans they accept. The person list them off. As far as they know I'm asking for myself

Back