Am I Really This Desperate ? or Just Stupid ?

SIMPLE IS BETTER!!! If you have driven along I95 through North Carolina and South Carolina, you have seen these. No phone numbers, no address, no nothing.

And you are finally there..

I fail to see how that applies to the OP's question. Unless you propose he build his agency next to the interstate where his billboards are, along with a large sign directing them to right exit. Otherwise, it sounds like he might need his billboards to provide contact information... But maybe that is just me.

First looks more professional like it was designed by an ad company. Second looks amateurish. The layout is poor.

Need a third choice.

How long are you planning to rent the billboard? If the ad agency does the buy, they should be able to get a commission on the space, and that gives them incentive to provide the design for free, or at a discount.

Try bidding the job to a couple agencies.

As it stands, I wouldn't do either.

Coming from running an Ad Agency for years, this is what I have always thought of billboards:

You better grab the attention with a good picture, a funny saying, or a slogan. You can always make a funny domain name and have a 301 redirect on it to your normal website. Not everyone will remember your company website, but something silly or to the point. Only costs $10 bucks a year to have one of those and then you can also track the exact traffic from that billboard.

Also, when you design the billboard, print it out business card size and hold it in your hand and extend your arm out as far as it can go. Then move it past you like you are driving by it. That is almost exactly the size it will be.

Just my thoughts....

I like doc1 better IF that white brick background can be changed to something REALLY eyecatching (translation ugly), like red or yellow. Perhaps even a blurred background.

I created an ad slick for my agency which has that technique- http://www.insuredbyreeves.com/images/Reeves_Insurance_Flyer.pdf .

I don't know if that would make the board too busy. I like the foreground of doc1, just not the background.

doc2 is eyecatching, but I think it is a common technique.

Surprised it took someone that long to finally say it:laugh: Especially with all the wiseguys on this forum

The headline did "pull" you into the copy though....

Trying to decide on a design for my new billboard and these two are rising to the top. Now for the stupid part...I'd kinda like to get your opinions on the boards..with the exception of a few of you self-righteous dillweeds:1rolleyes: Guess I'll have to wade through crap!

#1 or #2 ???

I like 1 better than 2. I like the picture of the man looking surprised and outraged over how much his insurance is going up. I think that picture will resonate with prospects who see the billboard.

Back