American Amicable

I appreciate your sensitivity to this and thank you. If you're going to reference averages, then no, the average service member DOES NOT make more than the average insurance salesperson.

I'm pretty sure military personnel make more than the average insurance salesperson. I'm sorry...I'm just tryong to add some levity to the conversation.

I think that"we" as a community of professionals should "term" this debate...feelings are being hurt and I think most on this board hold each other in high regards.
IMHO.

I appreciate your sensitivity to this and thank you. If you're going to reference averages, then no, the average service member DOES NOT make more than the average insurance salesperson.

I would bet they do. I've been told the average life insurance agent makes around $30,000/yr.

Don't know if that's true or not but that's what I've been told.

I know one guy that guesses the average wage of posters here to be about $20,000/yr.:D

"I know how you feel"

No I don't. I have never walked in your boots. Never even owned a pair or know how to lace them. But if I had to I would have put some on. I shoulda, coulda and woulda. But since I didn't......

JD, as much as I respect you I would still disagree. I know how low the average life insurance agent makes. But we're talking about averages. How many 4 star generals are there in our combined 2 million personnel ? How many privates, pfc's, lance corporals, corporals are there ? (Need I go through the whole rank structure ?) A private maybe clears 8 to 9 hundred in a month AFTER taxes and that's maybe if he hasn't gotten into any trouble and had his pay docked. And that's before you take out anything he's required to spend his or her money on. But let's just say they're equal. I'd much rather get paid a few bucks going on appointments then getting my body torn to shreds.

I would bet they do. I've been told the average life insurance agent makes around $30,000/yr.

I know one guy that guesses the average wage of posters here to be about $20,000/yr.:D

----------

I'd like to go back to American Amicable but I guess that isn't happening any time soon. The US military and what they're worth is apparently a more popular topic.

It was tongue in cheek...however...the average insurance salesperson makes under 30k/yr..an E1 is going to start out somewhere around 18-20k? ( I think).

Plus the avg ins. sale person in going to be out of the biz in under 2 years and flipping burgers. Military has a minimum 4 yr longevity. Right? :)

While I did not serve, my grandfather fought in Korea, my uncle in Vietnam, a sister station in Germany and my wives uncle is a 1 star splitting time between SC and Kuwait while his wife is in Atlanta. Haven't lived it myself except through them...service personnel are my heros. Can't think of a time when I passed through an airport and saw a soldier returning home...and didn't stop and make my entire party salute...it's a respect thing.

I'm not the enemy here. Inwas jusy trying to lighten up the serious nature of this thread. My bad

The army of insurance agents do not allow us and our children the live as Americans.

I just got an email from a service member that still has 2 1/2 in this deployment he was just informed his next 8 month deployment work ups start in 12 months.

Let me tell you where I come from.

If I happen to be outside the postoffice as they raise colors I stop stand at attention facing my flag till she is raised. At a game me and mine do not act like the majority or the dip shits. We stand tall during the national anthem. I tend to tear up. Taps make me cry. Images of 9/11 make me cry with sorrow and rage. I believe freedom is not free. I/we have served this country and I still contribute because I feel i /we have to pick up the slack of those that do not. I do not have a plastic flag on my car I have two blue stars and an American Flag flying over my home. I advised my three sons not to serve because I felt that your families were not important enough. But they choose to. Today two of them are, one is somewhere around the red sea in his free 3x6 rack the other is probably sleeping on the ground after eating his free unheated MRE.

Do we Vets take this **** serious? Ask one. Do I really give a **** what you think? No, I came up when many of your parents were calling us baby killer.

Edit: My apologies to Sam if I went overboard. If you deam this as banible I full understand and probably agree., Lee

Last edited:
Back