American Amicable

Yapping from/under the porch is easy.

What does that mean?

It sounds like you are saying anyone who hasn't been in the military is a coward (under the porch) and shouldn't have a say (yapping) on how our tax dollars are spent.

I know a few on here have said they will not say anymore on the subject but are still going. I guess this is one of those subjects some can't have a discussion about without getting over emotional or insulted. Too bad it's one that should be talked about across the country otherwise little will ever change.

Back to American Amicable. I contracted but dropped them when I found about their prior actions. Is there really a reason to use them that would trump what they have done? I don't see it.

Well, the administration has just announced intentions to cut personnel, pay and benefits. Shame they are talking about the military and not the white house and congress.

Well, the administration has just announced intentions to cut personnel, pay and benefits. Shame they are talking about the military and not the white house and congress.

Why doesn't the house and Congress get reduced in tough times? They seem to be the only ones that never feel any pain.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Why doesn't the house and Congress get reduced in tough times? They seem to be the only ones that never feel any pain.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Because not enough smart people vote and too many stupid people do.

Last edited:
As an IMO, we have them but we certainly don't "love" them. Their prices are pretty high. I think the only things they have going for them is that they don't cut commissions for the graded product and they are pretty easy to do business with. I know some disagree with that, but I've never experienced any problems with doing business with them.

Their ROP term product is pretty good.

What does there contract look like for street 1st year & renewals

You're correct this is an emotional issue to me.

I'm out.

And to be clear I did not call anyone a coward.

Too bad. You know it's not the government paying them, the gov doesn't have any money. It's us! Our money. And as you can see from just this thread most people think the military pays enough. So for that to change there has to be discussions among the taxpayers and a changing of minds to build support but if those in a position to debate the issue or make the case don't or won't, there is little chance anything will change. From what I hear they are turning away recruits as the military is reducing numbers so lets leave it to supply and demand.

Too bad. You know it's not the government paying them, the gov doesn't have any money. It's us! Our money. And as you can see from just this thread most people think the military pays enough. So for that to change there has to be discussions among the taxpayers and a changing of minds to build support but if those in a position to debate the issue or make the case don't or won't, there is little chance anything will change. From what I hear they are turning away recruits as the military is reducing numbers so lets leave it to supply and demand.
Just so there is no misunderstanding as to my comments.. I do not think the military pays enough at the lower enlisted and officer ranks.. But I do say that since they are all volunteers, they knew exactly what they were going to get and therefore, if they receive that they have no reason to complain. My great niece's husband just quit a relatively good paying private sector job to go into the army. It was his choice..No one forced him. And, if the pay cut from his civilian pay is severe so be it.

I seldom mention the fact I served. I don't think my keeping Las Vegas safe for America for 2 1/2 years is worthy of any accolades. I leave those to the ones that earned them being in harm's way. They are entitled to them.

Back