American Red Cross and Aon

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was referred to a retiree from the Red Cross and they have the same hra set up as ATT retirees.

They only have to buy a PDP from Aon to get full hra funds (so said the rep tonight).

Has anyone dealt with this previously? If so, what amount is the retiree/spouse entitled to? I am working on finding it and will post when I do.

If it is the same at the ATT retirees, then you are correct. As long as they sign up for the PDP they get full access to the HRA account. They can use the HRA for the Part B premium, Part D premium, Med supp premium, even for dental or vision plans.

As long as both sign up for at least the PDP plan through AON then the full HRA can be used by either person. The amount of the HRA is set by the company. For ATT it was $2500 for the employee and $1700 for the spouse.

When I compared the AON plans I found that they were over charging for most of the med supps they offered.

Do they push their own products(Combined)?

Probably, but they are supposed to be unbiased.

AT&T hired Aon when they cancelled their retiree plan. You can see rates and carriers in your zip code here.

Do you know the HRA amount red cross provides? I know that figure is specific to each dependent.

Probably, but they are supposed to be unbiased.

AT&T hired Aon when they cancelled their retiree plan. You can see rates and carriers in your zip code here.

I just looked at the Med Supps and they didn't even list Combined...it was mostly BCBS and it was a little higher than what they could buy it on their own for.

Back