Ameriplan

john_petrowski said:
Great article. I'd personally like to see Ameriplan's medical discount card business shut down nationally.

I almost agree with you. Discount dental and eye can be a good product and discount medical has its uses, as I mentioned earlier, but the possibility for fraud is huge. I think a person should have to have an insurance license to sell discount medical. You need a person that understands insurance and can make a fair comparison. When you get someone cancelling a major medical plan for a discount card, the DOI can't do much to punish whoever sold the discount card as it is right now.

For example, months ago I ran a search and found my dermatologist and wife's OB in the Ameriplan network. Contacted both and both said they had never heard of Ameriplan and do not accept the cards.

Well, they're not going to know the name "Ameriplan". I had that problem with the eye benefit portion of Ameriplan because it was part of the "Coast to Coast" (not to be confused with late-night radio discussing space aliens) vision network. You'd probably have to find out what network they contracted with, for example Devon.

So, who has a good plan to offer discount dental?

The only reason Ameriplan is even considered is for the dental and vision. Most of my clients have Medicare, so there is no need for the Medical side.

midwestbroker said:
So, who has a good plan to offer discount dental?

The only reason Ameriplan is even considered is for the dental and vision. Most of my clients have Medicare, so there is no need for the Medical side.

Try looking up Care Entree. Their comp plan works out in such a way that your sponsor won't be hounding you to recruit and work the MLM. That WILL happen with Ameriplan, because your sponsor makes NOTHING off you until you recruit four people. Talk about a flawed MLM structure.

Just wanted to say, I signed up with Ameriplan a few months ago. I saved $550 on my dental; $165 on my vision care; $750 on a legal benefit (you get that and a lot more other discounts)and that's just ME. Coverage is for entire household.

And my business is bringing me 5x more $ a month than I was making hawking health insurance.

And it's residual income, too. No cold calling, no telemarketing, no paperwork, I still get tax write offs, free websites, great CRM and I get a ton of free A+ leads to call or email every day. I'm with a great team with step by step training (cakewalk for insurance folks) - that makes a big difference. :)
Sue
www.all1team.com
www.iboplus.com/amc
</IMG>

Bump this thread: I know the question has already been posed but I'll ask it again in case things might have changed in the past few to several years. Someone I know in town is going to pay me a visit and he was pretty stoked about coming down and I didn't exactly understand why. Then I found out on Facebook that he just joined up with Ameriplan. So it made sense after that why he was adamant about visiting. I'm personally not interested in recruiting for them but if their plan is legitimate, I don't mind adding it to my plate of other carriers. (I get a lot of requests for dental.)

I've had my fair share of MLM buffets and not interested in any more helpings. Any more thoughts ? Thanks guys!

MIM :GEEK::idea:

P.S. Also forgot to ask if any of you guys would know if their plan qualifies as being compliant under the Affordable Care Act ? I know having something like Medishare or Christian Health Ministries does but I wasn't sure on this on.

Last edited:
Aeroplane isn't a health plan. If you want to offer dental plans you can sign up with discount dental. I forgot I had a web site with them.

Aeroplane isn't a health plan. If you want to offer dental plans you can sign up with discount dental. I forgot I had a web site with them.

I appreciate the response. I know that they are not insurance but a discount plan. I am familiar with dpbrokers. I was just simply asking what everyone else's experience was with ameriplan. Thank you though for responding.

MIM :):idea:

I appreciate the response. I know that they are not insurance but a discount plan. I am familiar with dpbrokers. I was just simply asking what everyone else's experience was with ameriplan. Thank you though for responding.

MIM :):idea:

I signed up with Ameriplan to offer a discount plan of dental and/or health discount plans for my uninsurables. The bulk of the effort is on recruiting, however. I am not pursuing that aspect of the business aggressively, so we will see if I am able to stay onboard.

I signed up with Ameriplan to offer a discount plan of dental and/or health discount plans for my uninsurables. The bulk of the effort is on recruiting, however. I am not pursuing that aspect of the business aggressively, so we will see if I am able to stay onboard.

I was involved with Ameriplan many years ago. I would say the company is not as good as it once was and I have issues with them.

Back