Another New Guy with Questions!

mbaliya said:
OK I just git my NY License a few weeks ago and now I have run into issues that I need advice on. First issue is I am EXTREMELY limited on funding..Ok im broke...Not knowing where to start I went to Craigslist and wound up with NAA. After a week or so I knew that team building and 83 emails telling me how great the company is per day is not for me. Next Securus came into the picture. They seem less Rah RAh but still focus on team building. My goals are to sell Final Expense and Medicade Supps. Right now im trying to contract with Berwick for supps and maybe Oxford for FE. ALSO NY is a big issue because alot of carriers dont work there...I live right on the PA border so ill just get my PA license. QUESTION am I looking at decent companies? SHould i consider the captive companies i talked to like Canseco? Im just so confused..I just want to sell insurance. Im not all that interested in the multi-marketing scheme...thanks any advice would be great

One of the first things you need to learn is there is no such thing as a Medicaid Supplement. 2nd thing is the difference in Medicare and Medicaid. 3rd thing is Medicaid is not spelled Medicade. Fourth thing is...at this stage in your career you should find someone local to contract under. Some local training will be worth a lot to you. You can go independent later.

Newby said:
One of the first things you need to learn is there is no such thing as a Medicaid Supplement. 2nd thing is the difference in Medicare and Medicaid. 3rd thing is Medicaid is not spelled Medicade. Fourth thing is...at this stage in your career you should find someone local to contract under. Some local training will be worth a lot to you. You can go independent later.

I thought food stamps were Medicade Supplements.....

Actually I very well know the difference I just made a mistake. i have an ex that wont work and is her 30s and lives off of the great medical insurance she gets from medicaid. And I aced the medicare A,B and D questions on the test! LOL BElieve me i want to do exactly wht you are saying and hook up with someone local, the problem is finding them...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And you know what else? I knew this list was kind of judgemental but really im looking for solid advice and Im getting smug answers about a common mistake in spelling of 2 words that look very much alike...Im starting to think i may have been a bit hasty tossing NAA and securus aside after reading all the bad things said about them on this forum. Maybe they are ok to start with. Not everyone that comes on here has 1000 dollars in their pocket to buy leads. NAA was going to give me 90 day leads for free to cut my teeth on. Instead I listened to the negativity here and blew them off

Last edited:
Actually I very well know the difference I just made a mistake. i have an ex that wont work and is her 30s and lives off of the great medical insurance she gets from medicaid. And I aced the medicare A,B and D questions on the test! LOL BElieve me i want to do exactly wht you are saying and hook up with someone local, the problem is finding them...
And you know what else? I knew this list was kind of judgemental but really im looking for solid advice and Im getting smug answers about a common mistake in spelling of 2 words that look very much alike...Im starting to think i may have been a bit hasty tossing NAA and securus aside after reading all the bad things said about them on this forum. Maybe they are ok to start with. Not everyone that comes on here has 1000 dollars in their pocket to buy leads. NAA was going to give me 90 day leads for free to cut my teeth on. Instead I listened to the negativity here and blew them off

I agree with you. Go back to NAA and give them a shot. You owe it to yourself....

Cal Resident: from what you have read so far on this list what do YOU think? There is a core of people on here that all they do is answer with sarcasm and negativity...NOT ALL I have found a few that i am talking to off list that are great guys...go with your heart cal resident...alot of these guys have many years in the business and dont understand that 100.00 is enough money to have an impact on what decision you make about who you work for. IF NAA seems like a good fit for you, go fir it...I was a bit turned off by them at first THEN i looked at all the hate for NAA on this list and then I told my contact no thanks...meanwhile 3 weeks later I still have no contracts and no prospects...The NAA guy called me today and said the offer of 40 FREE leads (3 premium and the rest up to 90 days old is still there for me if I want them) I said yes ill work them...so what its only 55%? I already have a had contact with a person on this list to make 100% and ill be that much better after cutting my teeth on the NAA stuff

What state and area are you in. I may have someone that I could point you to or hook you up with.

You can call or email me if you don't want to post that info here.

I think you are a perfect fit for NAA. You should call them today.
are you being sarcastic or foreal

What is a foreal????

Last edited:
Back