Any Indy P&C Agents in Pittsburgh Expanding?

pghman what I meant by splitting comms was finding an agency who holds the contracts. Usually it's hard nowadays to get your own p&C appts unless you're already a large agency or you committ to a large volume. In my case I found an agency where I split 70/30. They pay e&O for me and they have profit sharing based on my loss ratio. Also I retain ownership of my book with a buyout option when I'm ready to retire and my comm. split grows as my book grows. Yes they get a piece but again it's nearly impossible to get your own contracts unless you're well established as an agency.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also I forgot to mention they provide the quoting software free of charge and the agency management system they use. So if you can find something like that it can make your life easier. They may even co op some of your marketing costs.

Ron Van D PM me about your ANPAC experience. You left after 10 years? I'm having trouble pulling the trigger after 2 years because I hate the idea of leaving them with my book.

Last edited:
i was thinking you were with one of the box stores, and they would want to steal you. but , you still should stop by, introduce yourself. and tell them you are looking for a more competitive company. never say anything negitive about your present company.

Thanks aacard.

B61 Thank you as well. I would never say anything negative about the other company. I know it's not the right fit or training for me and that's not their fault.

Back