Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

When I contacted Jim Hendry and ask for a refund of the $595.00 he refused.

My advice: forget about mikeyv7 ignoring your request for a refund, then belittling you on grammar. It's not worth the time.

If it was via credit card, call your cc company and dispute it. You'll win. Good luck.

My advice: forget about mikeyv7 ignoring your request for a refund, then belittling you on grammar. It's not worth the time.

If it was via credit card, call your cc company and dispute it. You'll win. Good luck.

JRoot... With true respect to you, I'm simply stating a fact about the company I work for. I'm pretty well confident that I don't know "Hillbilly". The fact that his/her "handle" happens to be "Hillbilly" probably speaks volumes, in and of itself. I'm only speaking to the fact, and admittedly it is a pet issue of mine, that I just cannot stand when people make claims about people and things "anonymously" that aren't necessarily supported by fact. The people I work with are very good people. That's my personal, consistent experience. As far as belittling someone on grammar, I'm sorry, it's just silly to put something like that in to an anonymous gripe and to make that kind of error. It just reads as foolish. I'm not trying to pick a fight with him (or her) or with you, but seriously.

I'm sure it's a fine telesales program.

However, I do take issue with LifeTel (or any agency) charging new agents $600 and passing it off as "licensing and contracting fee" or even training. It's a totally unnecessary fee and from my perspective, it's preying on agents who are just trying to make it. For agents getting into telesales, the first couple months are critical and that $600 that can be used for leads where even 1 sale can make or break an agent.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the fee - I'm going off what I've read here. Can you clarify why LifeTel charges agents a fee?

I'm sure it's a fine telesales program.

However, I do take issue with LifeTel (or any agency) charging new agents $600 and passing it off as "licensing and contracting fee" or even training. It's a totally unnecessary fee and from my perspective, it's preying on agents who are just trying to make it. For agents getting into telesales, the first couple months are critical and that $600 that can be used for leads where even 1 sale can make or break an agent.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the fee - I'm going off what I've read here. Can you clarify why LifeTel charges agents a fee?

'Root... I have to tell you. First, yes, it's actually a great telesales program, if you actually work it properly. Again, I was one of their agents long before I ever became one of their managers. And, I appreciated the fact that I wasn't asked, or even enabled, to go right in to being a manager, without knowing the inner workings of the selling system from a producer standpoint first.

Regarding your question, it's not accurate that it's a fee for "licensing and contracting". It's actually a lot more in depth than that. You seem knowledgeable, and very nice and polite, by the way, and it's recognized and very appreciated. Managing insurance agents is still relatively new to me. I think it's going on a little more than a year now for me and I've posted as much throughout the thread. But I know sales and salespeople very, very well and it's the only thing I've ever done (selling) and I've been extremely successful at it. Honestly, have you in your lifetime ever seen a flakier, more obnoxious, just a$$H&le class of "salespeople" ever? Frankly, I had gotten out of management years ago, I guess I must have forgotten exactly why, and now my memory is completely refreshed. There are SO many out there now who just think it's their right and they have license to blatantly waste your time, resources, energy, etc. I've posted about it before, but you have idiots out there who bitch and complain that their "text messages" aren't being returned when they just start texting a phone number they don't even know can receive text messages or not. You have people that you put real time and energy in to, trying desperately to help them be successful, and they just disappear on you entirely and then come back around when they feel like it, they always have some BS song and dance, and then they want to suggest that their lack of success is somehow your fault. And when they DO magically just reappear, they and they're little universe is the most critical thing happening at that given moment and you're supped to drop everything and cater fully to their little needs and whims or you're somehow not fulfilling your role. Or how about the complete and total "s" for brains that let's his/her license lapse NOT observing any of the basic rules that we all got day one of "insurance school" and even THAT is somehow someone else's fault. And that's all just the very tip of the iceberg. What ever happened to any sort of semblance of personal or professional accountability? Certainly, the dudes at LifeTel deal with a whole heck of a lot more of this stuff than I do, but this is now part of my daily reality and it physically sickens me and makes me question if the override money is worth it at all. ANYTHING that LifeTel, and/or any other agency, can do to cut down the number of these kinds of "people", I'm trying to be nice, coming in to and making a mockery of a great and honorable, fiduciary industry like ours helps tremendously. Keep them out, if you ask me. I've said it before, but I can't even imagine how these "people" are with actual insurance clients relying on knowledgeable advise and guidance from someone who's supposed to know what they're doing. God help them, at claim time.

'Root... I have to tell you. First, yes, it's actually a great telesales program, if you actually work it properly. Again, I was one of their agents long before I ever became one of their managers. And, I appreciated the fact that I wasn't asked, or even enabled, to go right in to being a manager, without knowing the inner workings of the selling system from a producer standpoint first.

Regarding your question, it's not accurate that it's a fee for "licensing and contracting". It's actually a lot more in depth than that. You seem knowledgeable, and very nice and polite, by the way, and it's recognized and very appreciated. Managing insurance agents is still relatively new to me. I think it's going on a little more than a year now for me and I've posted as much throughout the thread. But I know sales and salespeople very, very well and it's the only thing I've ever done (selling) and I've been extremely successful at it. Honestly, have you in your lifetime ever seen a flakier, more obnoxious, just a$$H&le class of "salespeople" ever? Frankly, I had gotten out of management years ago, I guess I must have forgotten exactly why, and now my memory is completely refreshed. There are SO many out there now who just think it's their right and they have license to blatantly waste your time, resources, energy, etc. I've posted about it before, but you have idiots out there who bitch and complain that their "text messages" aren't being returned when they just start texting a phone number they don't even know can receive text messages or not. You have people that you put real time and energy in to, trying desperately to help them be successful, and they just disappear on you entirely and then come back around when they feel like it, they always have some BS song and dance, and then they want to suggest that their lack of success is somehow your fault. And when they DO magically just reappear, they and they're little universe is the most critical thing happening at that given moment and you're supped to drop everything and cater fully to their little needs and whims or you're somehow not fulfilling your role. Or how about the complete and total "s" for brains that let's his/her license lapse NOT observing any of the basic rules that we all got day one of "insurance school" and even THAT is somehow someone else's fault. And that's all just the very tip of the iceberg. What ever happened to any sort of semblance of personal or professional accountability? Certainly, the dudes at LifeTel deal with a whole heck of a lot more of this stuff than I do, but this is now part of my daily reality and it physically sickens me and makes me question if the override money is worth it at all. ANYTHING that LifeTel, and/or any other agency, can do to cut down the number of these kinds of "people", I'm trying to be nice, coming in to and making a mockery of a great and honorable, fiduciary industry like ours helps tremendously. Keep them out, if you ask me. I've said it before, but I can't even imagine how these "people" are with actual insurance clients relying on knowledgeable advise and guidance from someone who's supposed to know what they're doing. God help them, at claim time.
I always enjoy reading your posts Mikey, but could you please start using paragraphs? That hurt my eyes and I kept losing my place. :)

I always enjoy reading your posts Mikey, but could you please start using paragraphs? That hurt my eyes and I kept losing my place. :)

Hahahaha... What can I say, when you're right you're right. YES, I promise to work on it. You're absolutely right and I just got caught up in a Friday afternoon rant and I was just "freetyping". It's like "free-feeding", if you're a Bassett Hound LOL. Fair criticism noted and wholly accepted, Goillini. Enjoy your weekend :noteworthy:

I am a newly licensed life agent in AZ. I answered and ad in CL. about LifeTel and received info from Elly Weatherby. I have a question...Do the agents need to get Non-Resident Licenses? Or do the agents get leads from the state they reside in? Thanks

I am a newly licensed life agent in AZ. I answered and ad in CL. about LifeTel and received info from Elly Weatherby. I have a question...Do the agents need to get Non-Resident Licenses? Or do the agents get leads from the state they reside in? Thanks

Well, both, actually. What state, or states, are you currently licensed in?

Live and licensed in AZ. Only AZ right now!

AZ is a good state. Probably helpful, before long, to expand out a little, but you've got a good starting point. The only issue you're going to have in AZ is that you have a LOT of older people. That's going to limit your non-med options some. You should look right next door at NM for a non-res. Honeywell just moved there and you have an boom of younger professionals between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Just a Fyi :)

Back