Anyone doing seminars at venues ?

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
I’ve been studying many people who do t-65 seminars at places like coffee shops , library’s and places like Golden Corral . I believe I can get heavy marketing money from my fmo and regionals . My fmo might even provide help in manning it . Has anyone done seminars month in month out ? What type of success ?Its kind of a mixed bag . Either they do well or it’s a bust .

Seminars can be great. I wouldn't offer food though. That brings out tire kickers.

I ran seminars with free meals for Oct, Nov, and Dec last year. 50 total attendees, while 17 bought a plan with me, and all are T65’s.
When I run my monthly webinars, if I get 50 attendees I would sell about 12. So my in person seminars with food actually get less tire kickers.

I have seen agents discussing a cost per acquisition statistic. Is that a relevant item to be compared between the two methods?

I'd be lying if I said that I'm not intrigued by educational seminars. It fits into my overall consultant theme. I'd even do them in person.

Obvs Chaz is in FL, so it's a bit more skewed in his area. I'm in rural MI, which is why I'm so anxious to try it.

I'd need to have a solid plan in place, and I dont.

I'd be really interested

Last edited:
I ran seminars with free meals for Oct, Nov, and Dec last year. 50 total attendees, while 17 bought a plan with me, and all are T65’s.
When I run my monthly webinars, if I get 50 attendees I would sell about 12. So my in person seminars with food actually get less tire kickers.

I never really looked into seminars and may never do one,. But doesn't CMS regs sat no food just light snack or something like that?

I have heard a lot of people talk very positively about seminars and results

I don't know about doing public speaking myself but I do hear they work

I never really looked into seminars and may never do one,. But doesn't CMS regs sat no food just light snack or something like that?
$15 a person I believe avg . So that covers a Golden Corral or at a coffee shop with small sandwiches or sweets . I get those annuity ones all time . Many at Ruth Chris

CMS regs for seminars splits the rules depending on type.

Educational? You can feed them the finest Steak. You just can't sell or present plan benefits. You can offer follow up, you just can't require their contact info.

A Sales Event? Food needs to be minimal - like muffins.

(This is what I remember from AHIP, so the details may not be perfect, but next AHIP training I may pay attention to it).

I know of a guy who just booked over 50 for spaghetti dinner... Quite impressive and I bet his ROI will more than pay for the noodles. After talking with him I thought it was a great idea.

Back