Anyone having issues getting appointed with Aetna?

I'm a KeyBroker and I get an advance, why is that blowing up in their face?

Same reason advances never work.

Most agents have no clue how to properly sell a plan. Agents, especially new ones, are desparate for cash flow and will say and do anything to get the case on the books then worry about what happens later.

Offering advances on health business is stupid but that doesn't stop carriers (and MGA's) from doing so.

Same reason advances never work.

Most agents have no clue how to properly sell a plan. Agents, especially new ones, are desparate for cash flow and will say and do anything to get the case on the books then worry about what happens later.

Offering advances on health business is stupid but that doesn't stop carriers (and MGA's) from doing so.

First of all, just to help you understand, a keybroker contract with GR requires you to write a certain amount of business with them. So, your comment about "new agents being desperate for cash flow is null if you were aiming that at me". A responsible agent, like myself, would never put an applicant with GR that it didn't make sense for. All of my clients know exactly what they are buying and if EVER they get an exclusion we discuss and decide if they will stay or want to look at other options.

a keybroker contract with GR requires you to write a certain amount of business with them. So, your comment about "new agents being desperate for cash flow is null if you were aiming that at me".

You assume incorrectly on both issues.

But there is a lot of that around here.

I am aware of the production requirements for a KB contract and I know nothing of your operation. The comment about advances was a generalization.

There are plenty of fantastic, ethical new agents who come in and either want or need an advance. Please don't demean them with blanket statements.

"Most" agents would never screw a client for money -

There are plenty of fantastic, ethical new agents who come in and either want or need an advance. Please don't demean them with blanket statements.

"Most" agents would never screw a client for money -

Thank you and I agree. There are plenty of quality agents out there who actually do the best for their clients with the products they have to offer. I can offer my clients almost every quality carrier in the state, including BCBS, and sometimes GR is the best option for the client, believe it or not. With what is going on in the healthcare industry I think it is important to keep the negative stereotypes of health insurance agents away from this board. We all owe it to ourselves.

Back