Apartment Building Insurance

DJAJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone have suggestions on where to go for apartment insurance? Having a hard time for one reason or another finding a carrier to help me write this risk. About 15 buildings over 2 locations all garden style, built in 1957 and 1964. TIV a little over of $29 million for all buildings. In Virginia. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Tower (or maybe they'll put it on Amtrust paper..) or Guard. Donegal may consider that too. What pushback are you getting? I also heard that Metlife is writing these.

Tower (or maybe they'll put it on Amtrust paper..) or Guard. Donegal may consider that too. What pushback are you getting? I also heard that Metlife is writing these.

Thanks Insurance1822, you're always helpful.

Age for the most part even though everything is been updated and maintained well. One group told me today that they have to 100 amps per unit, which they dont. Size has been an issue with others. Its always something. Very frustrating becuase its a good size account. The relationship with the current agent has gone bad, so all I have to do is be able to write this (and come close in premium of course) and its mine.

I use smart choice (Travelers, CNA, Liberty, Hartford) for most of my access but they havent been much help. The only carrier that writes apartments is Travelers and they wont do it. I've tried other carriers as well (Middle Oak, Philadelphia, Westminster American Mutual) with no luck.

There are 290 units total.

What carrier is covering the risk now? Berkshire Hathaway Homestate would look at it - they have the ability to write it on non admitted or admitted basis. I've written some similar with Arch as well. Let me know if you need help. I have quite a bit in VA.

Amtrust may put this on one of their paper companies but they may take issue with the age. Have you spoken to Firemans Fund aka Allianz ? They write this stuff too

----------

Also UFG gets competative on older buildings but i think this may be too much in one location but they may if each location is under their set threshold

Harleysville is another good option on these. Erie would take it with an inspection done prior.

Brethren Mutual writes in VA and should do this. They would just need front and back photos 1st. Why would West Minster not do this?

Anyone have suggestions on where to go for apartment insurance? Having a hard time for one reason or another finding a carrier to help me write this risk. About 15 buildings over 2 locations all garden style, built in 1957 and 1964. TIV a little over of $29 million for all buildings. In Virginia. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

THE MAPLEWOOD GROUP has multiple markets and fast turnaround.
[email protected] or 800-227-4938.

Back