Assisted Living Med Supp

jemelton

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a healthy couple that are in assisted living. Obviously they are old and do not get around great but I do not believe they have any major issues. Any shot of getting them an underwritten med supp?

I have a healthy couple that are in assisted living. Obviously they are old and do not get around great but I do not believe they have any major issues. Any shot of getting them an underwritten med supp?
Many apps ask if they've been in a nursing home or assisted living facility in the past 2 years, some ask if currently in one. Some don't ask about assisted living. It's been a long time since I talked to anyone that was living in one. There used to be some companies that were ok with it. I'm not sure about now.

I'd recommend looking at the apps and if assisted living isn't mentioned, call and ask their underwriting department. If you find one that'll take them in assisted living let us know. Good luck.

Both MLIC and PALIC ask if "confined to a nursing home (or facility)" . This is Georgia apps. Your state may be different.

I guess it depends on whether the underwriting considers assisted living to be the same as a nursing home.

My guess is the phone interview, if it get's that far, will be the deal killer.

I called man. They said if they are receiving regular care by a nurse it will be a no go. However, I have found out that this client just lives in senior apartments, not assisted living

I called man. They said if they are receiving regular care by a nurse it will be a no go. However, I have found out that this client just lives in senior apartments, not assisted living

Then you shouldn't have a problem with any company.

Latest posts

Back