Assurity's Accidental Death Plus is pretty awesome!

Plenty of term options there if no underlying health issues. It just sticks out as kind of lazy. Know what happens with accidental death policies.
Scenario, terrible car wreck, life flighted to hospital, goes in shock has heart attack. Dies. Cause of death heart attack. No claim.

Actually, in most cases if the car wreck was the trigger - it should pay.

Does it serve a purpose, sure. I will not sell a stand alone add. I imagine my e&o provider would not be cool with it either!. Sell insurance not a gimmick. If you can't go sell knives, vaccums or some other crap.

Assurity is a Billion $$ carrier. In biz since 1890.

I don't think they would be if their products were a "gimmick".

If people understand that it is accident only, or works in a field
that is dangerous.
If you're on the highway, are maybe a hunter are numerous other hobbies
are occupations, I see this as a good sell.
Accidents happen.
Let them have it.

Shooter

If people understand that it is accident only, or works in a field
that is dangerous.
If you're on the highway, are maybe a hunter are numerous other hobbies
are occupations, I see this as a good sell.
Accidents happen.
Let them have it.

Shooter
I agree.. If they are convinced in their mind, they need it they will buy from someone. Might as well be you.

I have no "term" options for someone 5'7 and 265 #'s in my bag.

Then you need a bigger bag. Plenty of options with A rated carriers.

If your not shopping cases around the market, you are doing your clients a huge disservice... and if the worst happens you did their families a huge disservice.

Try to justify to a grieving wife who just lost her husband to cancer that the AD&D policy you sold him was more valuable than a life policy that will pay out in 99% of deaths... instead of the AD&D that pays out in only 6% of all deaths.

I hear ya.

But - some peeps don't want to buy WL or Term for whatever their reasoning. I show them the Accidental Death Plus plan. If they buy it - they buy it. It's affordable.

The death is sudden and unexpected and there is no time to arrange finances prior to death as there might be in the case of natural deaths. Often there are expenses that would not occur in the case of natural death. For example, the accident might involve others that would result in claims against the estate that exceed the liability coverage that is in force.

I have been told by an actuary that the payout margins are the same for the AD as the base coverages. The AD does payout as often but the premium is a lot less.

If we knew when we were going to die we would certainly plan for it. However, that is what life insurance is for, even if you die the next day. So, shouldn't you buy enough to cover you should you die in any manner? If you do, then I ask again...what is the reason for an AD rider?

Granted, when you're young, your death will most likely be caused by an accident as opposed to illness, but still...shouldn't the base policy take that into account?

Just a little friendly debate here.

Back