ATT Cancels Retiree Health Plan

So far I see ATT retirees as a waste of time. They are so mixed up and no matter how well I explain it, they want to enroll on the exchange. That means they are using me as education.

I'm done with them, 3/3, all afraid of doing wrong even when I show them they can do as little as the pdp in the material from the exchange.

So far I see ATT retirees as a waste of time. They are so mixed up and no matter how well I explain it, they want to enroll on the exchange. That means they are using me as education.

I'm done with them, 3/3, all afraid of doing wrong even when I show them they can do as little as the pdp in the material from the exchange.

Totally opposite experience here.
Then again, I send them a video explaining everything and the plan options. They call my assistant to get on the schedule and it's 30 minutes each, just for the application process.

I think it's the next best thing to doing a one-to-many seminar situation.

So far I see ATT retirees as a waste of time. They are so mixed up and no matter how well I explain it, they want to enroll on the exchange. That means they are using me as education. I'm done with them, 3/3, all afraid of doing wrong even when I show them they can do as little as the pdp in the material from the exchange.

Ouch, I have yet to sign one up but have met with 7 different people and supposedly they all claim they are going with me. It's been less than a week. But I know how that goes.

Nice work Chris, these are great videos!

I don't know about that, but they're working.
It is a totally different world for me, over the last six months having incoming calls 100% vs. cold calling now. Totally different paradigm shift from having to convince, to just taking the application and they're asking for help.

Agree, I have only dealt with a couple but they wanted info and summary benefits for MAPD and then go back to AON.

Another agent by chance had a couple come in yesterday and it's a good thing. They had just come from the Blue retail store and an agent there signed them up for a MAPD, don't know why they stopped in after leaving there, but the agent ask me if they would lose their HRA money and I said, yep, better cancel that now.

Me too.
I have met face to face with 4, explained med supp & Part D options. Haven't sold a one. The AON reps are not providing correct info that the med sup came be purchased off exchange, and, only the Part D needs to be purchased on Exchange.

Me too.
I have met face to face with 4, explained med supp & Part D options. Haven't sold a one. The AON reps are not providing correct info that the med sup came be purchased off exchange, and, only the Part D needs to be purchased on Exchange.

You are absolutely right. The front line call center reps are lying to the seniors, constantly, telling them that they MUST buy through them.

Luckily, this proves my point to them even more - that they should not do business with an organization that employs these arm-twisting tactics. It is easily refuted in both the FAQ in black and white, and by demanding to speak to a floor manager in the call center.

Once your senior has confirmed this, they'll NOT want to do business with them.

Interesting that AON has acknowledged that they only have contracts with four medigap carriers, AARP/UHC, Aetna, Amerihealth & Mutual of Omaha in NJ. They originally said they could get them all? They also are now explaining finally that plans like G and N are not gurantee issue.

They also are now explaining finally that plans like G and N are not gurantee issue.

Wonder if someone got caught telling a whopper?

Seriously, AT&T should be ashamed about the way their retiree's are being man-handled by Aon rookies.

Back