ATT Cancels Retiree Health Plan

So they have to pick from one of the 10 to open a subsidy to buy the supplement elsewhere?

I don't know if it's state specific, but there are 31 Part D options in DFW. The 2 retirees I've worked with were only given 10

There are over 170 Medigap plans in GA. A lady I talked to last week said she was given a choice of 8 plans which was more than enough for her to decide.

She is 79.

I wished her well.

They have to buy a part D on the list of approved plans to trigger a reimbursement for the supp elsewhere? Let's say that a client really wants Aetna part D but its not one of the 10 shown. Can they buy Aetna through the exchange, which triggers the HRA and they buy the supp through me? Or would they have to buy one of the part D plans shown through AON?

They have to buy a part D on the list of approved plans to trigger a reimbursement for the supp elsewhere? Let's say that a client really wants Aetna part D but its not one of the 10 shown. Can they buy Aetna through the exchange, which triggers the HRA and they buy the supp through me? Or would they have to buy one of the part D plans shown through AON?

It seems like AON is only offering limited Part D options. If they buy Part D from AON, they can get a supplement from you and still get the HRA

Last edited:
I have been following this thread with great interest as I have heard from a ATT retire a few weeks ago.

Today I spoke with a CenturyLink retiree and was wondering if the same rules apply to CenturyLink?

Thanks

Lew

Last edited:
Hi Lew, thanks for contributing.

The only way to know if CenturyLink retirees have a similar arrangement is to review the SPD and/or FAQ. The provision in the AT&T plan that allows them to capture the HRA $$ with only a nominal purchase through Aon seems to be unique.

I work for AON Retiree Health Exchange. Yes, they buy one or the other and get the HRA. Aon is not the only company doing these transitions.

I work for AON Retiree Health Exchange. Yes, they buy one or the other and get the HRA. Aon is not the only company doing these transitions.

Does the management really tell the Aon agents that the retirees can't have another agent with them on a 3 way call when calling in or is this just the agents saying this?

I ask because I am calling in to AON tomorrow with a retiree to help her get someone at AON to take her part D application which up to this point she says they have flatly refused after she informed them already she took her med supp with me.We will call CMS and the Fl DOI to file a compliant if a licensed agent at AON refuses to take an application for a plan she is eligible for..She is a retiree of Alcoa BTW .

Yesterday signed up another ATT retiree couple. They both opted to go underwritten for a plan G razzing guaranteed issue for a plan F.

They had a friend in the room with them who is also an ATT retiree, who had already gone through Aon to get her supplement and drug plan. She got a plan G as well, at $40 more per month than what I was getting her friends. They got her the plan G as guaranteed issue. She said she had been approved and even received her ID card. Just want to clarify whether anyone who has been working with these retirees has found that Aon is able to get guaranteed issue plans for those that are not generally available guaranteed issue.

Back