• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Pdp $$

Good point.

Maybe I'll finally just say, "I'm going to send you a link for that, it allows you to pick a plan" (Sunfire purl).

I know some agent that do that with success. With a video tutorial and instructions.. I just haven't gone that hands off. Yet
Right there with you.

I waited a long time to start selling (vs advising) on PDP due to all the idiotic rules. But at some point, the amount of money I was giving away was dumb.

A democrat CMS does not like agents. They screwed us in 2010 with ACA. They did it again with not requiring the commissions in the recent rule. And the press release on the bad actors in ACA.

For 2025, we will continue to do the reviews, but we are moving to emails for the 80% on generics (or less than $600 a year in annual costs). The 20% still get a call scheduled. And there's a couple of reasons for that. One, the whole ethical thing. A girl's gotta sleep! Second, its a HUGE selling point to my referral partners. "I'm going to talk to them every year and take care of them".

I'm expecting Smart to stay cheap and continue to pay us $0. I'm expecting Wellcare to go $0. BCBSTX to continue paying us, as well as Aetna expensive plans and AARP. Humana-no clue. They probably don't know either.

But I HOPE all agents remember who pays us and who doesn't. How many Aetna Med Supps or MAPD's do you think I have written since they moved Smart to no commish? Zero, Zip, Nada.

your highly conflicted, factor in group retirement mapd plans and your well past 60%
In addition to basic economics and insurance, you also need to learn how to read:
From the article:

"In 2023, 30.8 million people are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, accounting for more than half, or 51 percent, of the eligible Medicare population, and $454 billion (or 54%) of total federal Medicare spending (net of premiums)."

"
Key highlights include:

• More than half (51%) of eligible Medicare beneficiaries are enrolled in Medicare Advantage in 2023."
"In 2023, more than half (51%) of eligible Medicare beneficiaries – 30.8 million people out of 60.0 million Medicare beneficiaries with both Medicare Parts A and B – are enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans."

In 2023, nearly two-thirds of Medicare Advantage enrollees are in individual plans that are open for general enrollment.​

One in five (about 5.4 million) Medicare Advantage enrollees are in a group plan offered to retirees by an employer or union.​

KFF is obviously including group plans in the Medicare Advantage numbers

MAPD enrolleds by plan type.png

Back