August in Florida

J

Jester

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am licensed FL. August in Florida is their "open enrollment" period. The way I understand it is the insurance company cannot turn you down and can only increase the premium by 15% during this month. However, this is my first August selling health insurance so I am not quite sure how the whole thing works. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am licensed FL. August in Florida is their "open enrollment" period. The way I understand it is the insurance company cannot turn you down and can only increase the premium by 15% during this month. However, this is my first August selling health insurance so I am not quite sure how the whole thing works. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.
Your post is a little unclear. I think you're referring to group insurance. Perhaps if you re-ask your question you might get more hits.

I can't imagine that would be individual or carriers would simply not accept any applications during August.

Sounds like a small group question - I agree.

Back