Avoid Medical Collections with $10.00 Payments?

Docs and hospitals are not banks and all are getting squeezed now under the Obama recession. EMTALA does require ER's to stabilize you regardless of ability to pay. Beyond that, they are not obligated to do squat.

If you owe a lot of money and truly cannot pay the provider will accept anything before writing it down or writing it off.

But you can also bet they have attorneys willing to sue if you have assets and will turn you over to collections in short order.

As for the $10/month plan, some docs will take chickens and cows in exchange for treatment but that only works in KY and WV.

Obama's recession? Not too fond of his policies, but we've really got to find a cure for this mass amnesia. I'm pretty sure the recession started before the election.

I'm pretty sure the recession started before the election.

True, but he did promise to keep unemployment below 8% if we and the Chinese would give him $1 trillion to stimulate the economy.

How well has that worked?

The only thing they have put forth that worked, kind of, is Cars for Clunkers and they ran out of money in weeks.

They did a better job of selling cars than they have PCIP.

The Making Homes Affordable is another idiotic idea to save the housing market and turn the economy around.

Your rose colored glasses must be working very well.

Obama's recession? Not too fond of his policies, but we've really got to find a cure for this mass amnesia. I'm pretty sure the recession started before the election.

Correct, it started when Clinton was in office, but most people don't think back that far.

When you are a new chef in charge of the breakfast buffet and there are no eggs, you have a small period of time that you might blame the chef before you. After a while, you have to own up to the problem, and when you signed the employment contract, you took ownership of the problem.

Truthfully, for the most part, recessions are part of the normal economic cycle. You can't prevent them, nor are they usually caused by the President, but the government can either help get through them or extend them.

Extensions are caused by lack of certainty, additional regulations, and public infighting. Some of this may be needed from time to time.

They can be shortened by projection of confidence, clear goals, and working to provide businesses some stability moving forward (i.e., rules don't constantly change, especially retroactively). People don't play well when the rug gets pulled out from under them.

Dan

Hell if you wanna go back all the way to Clinton I'll go one further.

This recession started under Reagan when he borrowed all the money that started this debt mess.

Hell if you wanna go back all the way to Clinton I'll go one further.

This recession started under Reagan when he borrowed all the money that started this debt mess.

How can you say this? All I hear is how Clinton had a "surplus" and the end of his reign, and Bush caused the debt mess. That's all i hear the dems say. But how quickly people forget. Clinton was handed one of the biggest bull markets of all time, remember the internet tech bubble in the 90's? he was the timely recipient of this. In 2000, the bubble burst, inherited by Bush, then 9/11 event, then Katrina and the 5 other hurricanes. Greed caused the real estate bubble (fueled by dems who wanted everyone to own a home). Bush saved the banking system with Tarp, that actually worked. Obama took over, spent more money on a "stimulus" that didn't work, and the health reform that we all know won't work, and financial regulation that has moronic provisions. And everyone wonders why this is the slowest job growth recovery in history. Who wants to hire anyone with a mandate to insure that person? Idiots I tell you, idiots.

Here are some FACTS that you will never hear on From Billionaire Rupert Murdoch' propaganda machine.

According to the BIPARTISAN congressional budget office (You know the agency created by both parties with economic professionals who have extensive education in economics, years of experience and who know what they are talking about) say the biggest item responsible for our current problem is the Bush tax cuts. Bush pushed the debt 4.5 trillion to 9 trillion and took the federal budget from 278 billion surplus to a 1.3 trillion deficit. Republican congress created the most expensive entitlement program in recent history without paying for it.(Prescription drug program). Bush led us into two wars , (one justifed and the other not) but they were not paid for. The republican party is very fortunate to have a black democrat to get elected at the very time the economy collapsed as a result of their leadership.

If the bush tax cuts had never been passed we would not be in this situation. cutting taxes for the top 2% of America has never created jobs and it will never create jobs. Cutting taxes for the wealthy is the goal of the GOP in order to keep a good job in washington with taxpayer funded health care and repaying the massive corporate contributions they are receiving with favorable legislation. You and I are on the very bottom of their priority list and that is why we need to stop falling for all this horse crap propaganda coming form the 40 million dollar talk show hosts.

True, but he did promise to keep unemployment below 8% if we and the Chinese would give him $1 trillion to stimulate the economy.

How well has that worked?

Bush said ther would be little to no lose of life in the Iraq war.

How well has that worked out?

What alternative to the collapsing economy did the GOP have to keep us out of a depression? GOP leaders say the stimulus was a complete failure. The CBO days it did not get the unemployment to stated goals but it kept us from a depression and was responsible for many jobs. You will probably believe Boehner and others. I prefer to hear factual info.

Speaking of borrowing from the Chinese, you do realize the next 700 billion we borrow from them will be handed over to the top 2% wealthiest Americans? Go figure!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Then.... that was a dumba** thing for the president and the congress all to vote for.

Last edited:
Here are some FACTS that you will never hear on From Billionaire Rupert Murdoch' propaganda machine.

According to the BIPARTISAN congressional budget office (You know the agency created by both parties with economic professionals who have extensive education in economics, years of experience and who know what they are talking about) say the biggest item responsible for our current problem is the Bush tax cuts. Bush pushed the debt 4.5 trillion to 9 trillion and took the federal budget from 278 billion surplus to a 1.3 trillion deficit. Republican congress created the most expensive entitlement program in recent history without paying for it.(Prescription drug program). Bush led us into two wars , (one justifed and the other not) but they were not paid for. The republican party is very fortunate to have a black democrat to get elected at the very time the economy collapsed as a result of their leadership.

If the bush tax cuts had never been passed we would not be in this situation. cutting taxes for the top 2% of America has never created jobs and it will never create jobs. Cutting taxes for the wealthy is the goal of the GOP in order to keep a good job in washington with taxpayer funded health care and repaying the massive corporate contributions they are receiving with favorable legislation. You and I are on the very bottom of their priority list and that is why we need to stop falling for all this horse crap propaganda coming form the 40 million dollar talk show hosts.

You lost credibility when you referenced the CBO, unless you believe health reform will reduce the deficit.

You lost more credibility when you state the 1.3 Trillion deficit, it's now $14 trillion. How did we get there?

And the doozy of them all: Tax cuts are bad. Keeping our money is bad. Tax cuts for the wealthy are bad........... but I've never heard of poor person who hires anyone. All I recall are all time stock market highs, and the lowest unemployment rate in decades.

I love how dems bash the Part D plan, remember that's part of medicare. Sure it was not paid for, but please find me anyone on either side of the aisle who wants to repeal it.

1.3 Trillion deficit, it's now $14 trillion

Two different animals.

The deficit refers to how much more is spent in a fiscal year vs revenues.

The (national) debt is the amount of accumulated deficit borrowing over the last 30+ years.

And the national debt is way understated since it does not include unfunded liabilities for things like Social Security, Medicare, VA benefits, government pensions . . .

Those things push the debt in xs of $50 trillion.

Back