Bankers Life and Casualty?

Re: Opinion of Bankers Life and Casualty

My experience has been wonderful and while there are a lot of bells and whistles, you have to be a bit smart to know that you aren't going to be making a 6 figure income your first year. If you believe a lot of what is said then you are a fool. Remember this is sales atmosphere. Quite a bit of B.S. is going to be given. I have heard bad things about other branches. I really believe it is the way it is ran.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger," sort of thing?

I had a couple of agents who had worked their way up from debit and door to door to Banker's Life and when I encountered them they did things like I had learned at United American (my second gig), bait and switch, et al. They actually turned out to be worse than that however... Not that all Banker's life agents are crooked, but sometimes it's what went on "down in that woodpile" that shows up!

Last edited:

Too many metaphors of which I count myself among the guilty (sorta).

On a scale of one to ten, where would you place Bankers? e.g. would you send your mother there to learn insurance? would you sell your mother a policy from Bankers? Would you let a Bankers agent sell your mother a policy? Would you recommend Bankers to your mother?

I'll start the ball rolling, I'm going to give them a 2. This is for you Ma!

Sagamore, Bankers will have going door to door like it's 1957. Chopshop second rate products. Consider ind health and cross sell life. Best of luck to you!

Just caught that State Farm comment.....uh, if you work in customer service in an independent's office, you'll make chump change. If you're going to run the gamit with them, that's another story....it'll take some time though.

I cut my teeth (so to speak) at Bankers...I worked my tail off to learn the biz...to no avail. Got to see the shady side of Insurance....(Branch mgr's family worked there). The products r OK, Annuities do not pay (interest and commission) anything, MedSups are overpriced, Life products are not very comparable, LTC is very expensive; overall PPL(Seniors) couldn't afford the products. Captive only company. (Would never work for another!!) Horror stories too numerous to mention about this branch.
Moral of story, "Don't put ur family where u wouldn't hang you hat."
End of Story...(True to yet!! lol)

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger," sort of thing?

I had a couple of agents who had worked their way up from debit and door to door to Banker's Life and when I encountered them they did things like I had learned at United American (my second gig), bait and switch, et al. They actually turned out to be worse than that however... Not that all Banker's life agents are crooked, but sometimes it's what went on "down in that woodpile" that shows up!

I know what you mean. Again, I am sure can find that in any sales atmosphere. It is really how the branch is run.

I cut my teeth (so to speak) at Bankers...I worked my tail off to learn the biz...to no avail. Got to see the shady side of Insurance....(Branch mgr's family worked there). The products r OK, Annuities do not pay (interest and commission) anything, MedSups are overpriced, Life products are not very comparable, LTC is very expensive; overall PPL(Seniors) couldn't afford the products. Captive only company. (Would never work for another!!) Horror stories too numerous to mention about this branch.
Moral of story, "Don't put ur family where u wouldn't hang you hat."
End of Story...(True to yet!! lol)

That all depends on where you live...guess you don't live with their is $$$ and Seniors.

Back