Best company for ROP Term?

Exactly what value? A term with or without ROP has no value as in Cash build up so what exactly would you borrow from?

Outside of that, Genworth is really no more competitive then anyone else and point three, you can do that with any company. Not like an insurance company going to say, "We rather not have your money, but thanks anyway". Or if they do you can really say, "I heard just about everything now".

Thats why I put the word value in ""... If you keep a 30 yr term policy with ROP to term, you get a 100% of premiums refunded... as the years pass, there is a percentage of the return of premium paid if you cancelled the policy prior to the 30 years... this is what you can borrow from... and without having to cancel the policy to get to the funds.

DO I advise borrowing from the policy... no. But it is available if the client has a hardship and has no other alternative.

James, when I do comparisons for term rates, Genworth is always in the top 4... Affordable rates and a rock solid A rated company? Yeah, I'll continue to show Genworth as an option to my clients who request a term product.

Paid up policy in lieu of ROP, I dont know every policy and every company out there, but I will agree that this is probably offered by all companies. So lets make my Point 3 a Mute Point.

The original question was "Best company for ROP Term?"... this is just my opinion and thank you for yours James. I have always enjoyed your opinions on this forum and thank you for that.

Al

Thats why I put the word value in ""... If you keep a 30 yr term policy with ROP to term, you get a 100% of premiums refunded... as the years pass, there is a percentage of the return of premium paid if you cancelled the policy prior to the 30 years... this is what you can borrow from... and without having to cancel the policy to get to the funds.

DO I advise borrowing from the policy... no. But it is available if the client has a hardship and has no other alternative.

James, when I do comparisons for term rates, Genworth is always in the top 4... Affordable rates and a rock solid A rated company? Yeah, I'll continue to show Genworth as an option to my clients who request a term product.

Paid up policy in lieu of ROP, I dont know every policy and every company out there, but I will agree that this is probably offered by all companies. So lets make my Point 3 a Mute Point.

The original question was "Best company for ROP Term?"... this is just my opinion and thank you for yours James. I have always enjoyed your opinions on this forum and thank you for that.

Al

Genworth is a fine company, I'll have to run some rates on ROP. Didn't realize that Genworth was all that competitive and do tell you the truth I had no idea that Genworth or anyone was actually giving the ROP waiver any value besides going thru the whole term. I simply don't sell ROP, at the age I prospect too (40-55 mainly) the cost approaches WL (or close enough), If not I think SGUL is likely cheaper then the 20 or 30 Term with ROP. Now I admit I'm not all that much into ROP but it seems to defeat the reason for Term, as in ultra cheap protection.

Sorry though, I wasn't meaning to be so negative towards you or Genworth.

No problem James, I did not view it as an attack, just an opinion. Term with ROP fits if its a client who feels they are throwing there money away on term (we have all heard that at sometime), but can not afford WL or UL.

AIG is of course a good ROP selection, American National just reduced their rates at the higher death benefit for their ROP so they are usually either right with or behind AIG with rates from what I've been seeing lately.

Back