• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Best fe company to write with for new agent? Why?

Baltimore Life -ease of use, quick pay and SSB

Prosperity life - quick contracting, takes direct express

1 price busting player based on your state

or

1 all inclusive 0-85 product like…
Citizens or Truestage

If you are only going to write 1-company you may as well write a captive company like Lincoln Heritage or Old American. They make it easy to just write one uncompetitive company. If that is your goal.

If you are only going to write 1-company you may as well write a captive company like Lincoln Heritage or Old American. They make it easy to just write one uncompetitive company. If that is your goal.

OP didn't say he/she wanted to just write one company: OP asked for best FE company to write with for a new agent.

When I started, I wrote Royal Neighbors unless I needed to go GI: liberal underwriting was the key for me. Their rates were high, but not captive company high. After about three months I made Transamerica my go-to: ease of underwriting, price competitive, etc. Then I had two or three apps come back with BS addendums etc. so screw them.

Had Scott at FEX ever called me back, I'd have been with FEX contracting and I would have chosen KSKJ, which also had liberal underwriting and the added benefit of being extremely price competitive.

I've recently started writing FE again a little bit. I like SBLI (Savings Bank Life Insurance of Massachusetts) for telesales.

If you can get a KSKJ contract in your state I think that is probably the best one to start off with if you are a face-to-face agent.

Prosperity is a good one to have in your bag if you wish to take direct express clients.

@Newby is right in that a captive company is probably the "easiest" because one app takes everyone, preferred, standard, modified, guaranteed issue. But that ease does come with a cost.

Re: KSKJ - safe to assume the contracting pause is because they are getting too much business?

Yes, they are. Best FE company, since KSKJ is unavailable, is tough to answer. For a sort of one size fits most, I'd suggest AmAm for a new agent. You want an easy, predictable company with decent rates and good agent support.

Alternatively, maybe SBLI or Prosperity. None of these are my favorite. I write mostly KSKJ and Trinity. But KSKJ is not available for you, and Trinity won't be easy to learn for new agents.

For a new agent ? Might want to try Great Western.
Not the cheapest but competitive enough to be in the game.
They offer day 1 coverage,graded coverage and GI all on one easy instant decision e-app.
No height-weight chart,and they take credit cards,electronic signature option,good agent support,good customer service,pay the claims pretty fast.

Good way for a new agent to break in,get his feet wet.

Back