Best Simplified Issue SPWL?

Our group does quite a bit of SPWL's and it's been our experience that United Life (not UHL) has the best SPWL out there and being rated somewhere in the "A" range. They will do simplified issue to 100k DB, fully underwritten after but very laxed in UW. They just added a pref. rate allowing you to get break-even on premium in 4 to 5 years, 7 to 9 on standard or simplified issue depending on age. They also have the qualified care rider (very inexpensive) and 13% comm. If you want a contract let me know, I can check on state approval. If you want an illustration to compare to the others, let me know...I am contracted with all the others already mention and then some. Nothing has come close to them yet.
Disc. This is a non-par policy! not to be compared to and Index SPWL

Last edited:
I have sold about 70+ SPWL in the past 3 years with Sagicor and have not had one surrendered. Most comments I get is from their Accountants and Attorneys expressing their approval for selling such a consumer oriented product and they have recommended our Agency as a referral partner.

Thats a nice amount of cases with that product (and I agree, its a very nice product). If you don't mind me asking, how are you targeting / marketing to get your clients for this?

Thats a nice amount of cases with that product (and I agree, its a very nice product). If you don't mind me asking, how are you targeting / marketing to get your clients for this?

I Have been in this business for 28 Years and the majority has been through Client Referrals and working my client Database.

I do have a Middle Class Mailer that also gets me in front of Middle class retires that I developed to get Fresh Blood in my Referrals. I do the Mailer once ever 6 weeks and usually get 5-6 referrals off of each sale. That pulls me through till I need new Blood.

The Mailer is not specific to SPWL but targeted to the Senior Market (55-78) that gets you in front of people that have Assets to protect and a need for Elder Care Insurance. STCi and Life Sales do well. Usually sell both products in the same household.

I wrote one with Equitrust yesterday, $79,000 single premium. Decent underwriting and product, I really think it has a good niche for folks (the wealthmax even has ROP).

Any other good similar products out there?

Have you guys ever checked out Assurity's Par SPWL ? Even though it doesn't have very many riders, the guaranteed side of the illustration is pretty phenomenal. Would there ever be a reason to write a non par spwl vs a par ? (Ah yes, the lower commissions. Assurity's payout on it is only 5%. But so long as that doesn't bother you as much, I think it would be hard for someone else to compete with it.)

MIM :idea::)

Have you guys ever checked out Assurity's Par SPWL ? Even though it doesn't have very many riders, the guaranteed side of the illustration is pretty phenomenal. Would there ever be a reason to write a non par spwl vs a par ? (Ah yes, the lower commissions. Assurity's payout on it is only 5%. But so long as that doesn't bother you as much, I think it would be hard for someone else to compete with it.)

MIM :idea::)

5%? Wow thats pretty bad. Esp when Baltimore and Equitrust are both around 15.

Back