Best States to Sell Medicare Suppliments

You have to dig even deeper than the state level, in most cases. For example, rates in Dallas/Fort Worth vary with a lot of companies based on ZIP code. People who live in Fort Worth pay about 10% more for the same coverage as people who live in Dallas. It's not enough to look at a whole state and their rates because rates will vary based on where a person lives.

True, but this can actually create opportunity. Different carriers will offer different area groupings. So while several carriers may charge higher rates to a particular area, not all carriers will. This can lead to situations where a carrier that is uncompetitive in one area may be the most competitive in another area.

You need to make sure you have a good selection of carriers to work with and then really get to know how each one prices their products.

Oh Well, you just let the cat out of the bag. Really new agents, the few (:1wink:) people with a med-supp in California already have an agent.

Really?
I guess I should send out a news letter to my Medicare supplemental clients:D

Many states pay a lower commission for 6 years but in MI the commission is higher but for only 3 years. 32% is the highest here that I know of but it's for 3 yr. Rates are okay, somewhere around $115ish for 65F plan F. Our big issue here is that we have a BCBS plan C that is GI and $121/mo. at any age. Not sold through agents. They have a huge share of the market.

Back