Best term life company?

To do proper field underwriting, I would be asking about:
- Height & Weight
- Any current medications and why
- Any health issues over the past 10 years

I'd say that it should be nearly impossible for a 47 year old to NOT have had any medical issues on their record in some form. That doesn't mean they would be uninsurable. It just means that they've been to the doctor for various reasons over the years.

I'm 41. I've had Bell's Palsy when I was 29 (that's like a mini-stroke with minimal consequences) and I've had vertigo spells occasionally over the past few years - which led to an EKG, MRI brain scan, and a ultrasound on my neck about 6 months ago. Didn't find anything, but if a medical test was ordered and not completed, it would need to be completed before an underwriting decision could be made.

Use this Ben Feldman phrase: "The insurance company wants to be sure you look as good on the inside as you do on the outside. The medical exam (or underwriting questions) helps them determine your longevity. I'm sure you'd like to know."

Here is the top 5 on the list... A good broker will have a comparative tool for you to use where you just run the rate and let the carriers pick themselves. Over time you develop your favorites... If you need a good broker hit me up and I'll get you in touch with my people.

Logo

TermAccel (eTicket)
Preferred Plus NonTobacco
Age Nearest: 47
$50.26/mth

Logo

OPTerm
Preferred Plus Non-Tobacco
$51.12/mth

Logo

Your Term
$51.98/mth

Logo

Promise Term
Preferred Best No Nicotine Use
$52.71/mth

Logo

AG Select A Term
$53.64/mth

Thank you for providing some names. Don’t sell much LI. I have been contracted with a few of those companies in the past. I’m in Texas and might need a broker. Could also be a waste of time. I didn’t go over the health questions with the guy.

Latest posts

Back