Best Way to Start Insurance Career? Captive or Indy?

Getting a license is not knowing how to do insurance... Unfortunately the indy agency system fails to train... Captives have the best training programs.. I was a captive to start with... then of course had to become indy... There are companies that will give you markets, training and support and not take all the $$... GDI has an agency partnership program, we teach marketing, sales, service, etc... and partner in the agency, provide the automation etc... but that may not be enough.. it depends on your back ground.. if you would like to just talk... I have been doing this for 34 years in both systems.. I would be happy to ask a few questions and give you my 2 cents. and point you in the right direction...

You can google me: Insurance salesmanship or credit enhancement bonding and insurance..... or Grant Davis GDI...

I need more info to be able to advise on this topic... :)

Getting a license is not knowing how to do insurance... Unfortunately the indy agency system fails to train... Captives have the best training programs.. I was a captive to start with... then of course had to become indy... There are companies that will give you markets, training and support and not take all the $$... GDI has an agency partnership program, we teach marketing, sales, service, etc... and partner in the agency, provide the automation etc... but that may not be enough.. it depends on your back ground.. if you would like to just talk... I have been doing this for 34 years in both systems.. I would be happy to ask a few questions and give you my 2 cents. and point you in the right direction...

You can google me: Insurance salesmanship or credit enhancement bonding and insurance..... or Grant Davis GDI...

I need more info to be able to advise on this topic... :)

Thank you for sharing a lot of information on your website. It is very educational. As a new P&C agent it will be a good source.

By the way you are right Randy is fast in calling. I appreciate the quick responce.

Hello, I am new to the insurance world. I have been working for a captive agent as a agent assoicate for a couple of months now. I have decided that this agent/agency is not a good fit for me. I am currently looking for a new position. I have had several good interviews. The problem is deciding to remain with a captive agent or go with an independent. The independent agencies are offering 70/30 split on all new business and 50/50 on renewals. They carry good companies, but how does independents compare w/the big 3..Allstate, State Farm and Farmers? Which agency is the most competitive? Captive or Independent ?

Hello, I am new to the insurance world. I have been working for a captive agent as a agent assoicate for a couple of months now. I have decided that this agent/agency is not a good fit for me. I am currently looking for a new position. I have had several good interviews. The problem is deciding to remain with a captive agent or go with an independent. The independent agencies are offering 70/30 split on all new business and 50/50 on renewals. They carry good companies, but how does independents compare w/the big 3..Allstate, State Farm and Farmers? Which agency is the most competitive? Captive or Independent ?

Go INDY. Sounds like a fair split.

Thank you for your reply. The only problem I have w/Indy is that I will not receive a salary right away. I will need to start selling (which I plan on) right out of the gate and there really is not much training. My family needs me to bring in an income right away. Also, how do you learn about all the different products/companies and what they offer? Thank you again for the advice. If we could live w/out me making an income for a few months then it would be an easier decision.

Back