BREAKING NEWS: Healthcare Bill Passed

The bill would also cut more than $400 billion from Medicare payments to hospitals, nursing homes and insurance companies that provide Medicare Advantage plans, a provision that proponents hope will ultimately help make the system more efficient. Republicans contend that many seniors will lose benefits, and more broadly attacked the bill as a costly government invasion of the medical system.

Great, they pass one bill only to take away from the current system they run and providers.

AARP jumped on the side of the bill so they (United Health Care) can write more and more supplement business.

They cannot get 12% of the population insured correctly, why wouldn't you give them more???

It still has to go through the Senate.

Actually, it needs to go through the House again too after it comes out of conference committee. In the same way the reconciled bill also needs to go through the Senate. The reconciled bill is a new bill that consists of both the senate bill and the house bill with additions and subtractions to make it palatable to both. However since it is a new bill that neither has approved then both have to vote on it again. Occasionally no changes can be agreed upon in conference so the other chamber simply votes the bill up or down but that isnt going to happen here. They will hash it over BIGTIME. Then round and round we go again.

In the order of the things though, the senate gets the first shot at the bill coming out of conference. HInt: That isnt going to be next week.

The bill would also cut more than $400 billion from Medicare payments to hospitals, nursing homes and insurance companies that provide Medicare Advantage plans, a provision that proponents hope will ultimately help make the system more efficient. Republicans contend that many seniors will lose benefits, and more broadly attacked the bill as a costly government invasion of the medical system.

Great, they pass one bill only to take away from the current system they run and providers.

AARP jumped on the side of the bill so they (United Health Care) can write more and more supplement business.

They cannot get 12% of the population insured correctly, why wouldn't you give them more???

I was on a sales call this week and someone brought up the $400 million dollar cut to Medicare and they were furious! They are having to switch out of an MA plan with great coverage to one with O.K. coverage because of the funding cuts. I also took the time to explain to them that the Medicare Hospital fund is bankrupt in less than 10 years and while Obama has claimed he wont take 1 dollar out of the Medicare fund (which clearly isn't true), he's also not saying he's putting any money into it to help keep it from going bankrupt.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I love the sound of neo-cons moaning and crying. It sounds like
V I C T O R Y!

Everyone gets screwed on this one... well, except for folks like the pharmaceutical companies Obama is helping out and things like that. America is getting hustled on this one and whack-job-left-wing-liberals like you think it's a good thing.

Last edited:
Back