BREAKING NEWS: Healthcare Bill Passed

Hey guess what? This is an opinion site not a grammar lesson. I stand by my statement/If you would like to verify my figures on complaints to Medicare about MA contracts which by the way is not insurance,Call medicare. MA is a contract with the insurance company and unlike Med Sup plans it is not guaranteed renewable.Get Real and get in the field and see customers who are struggling. then come back to this forum and give me your enlighted assessment. Oh by the way did I spell all the words corrrectly?

I thought they were planning on cutting a huge chunk out of medicare subsidies to help pay for reform. Wouldn't this make MA and medicare supplement plans more expensive? If so how would this help any senior?

Hey guess what? This is an opinion site not a grammar lesson. I stand by my statement/If you would like to verify my figures on complaints to Medicare about MA contracts which by the way is not insurance,Call medicare. MA is a contract with the insurance company and unlike Med Sup plans it is not guaranteed renewable.Get Real and get in the field and see customers who are struggling. then come back to this forum and give me your enlighted assessment. Oh by the way did I spell all the words corrrectly?

Well, my opinion is that you're insulting us all by posting with grammar and punctuation like that. I'd like to see the figures, but I don't think they're real and you're not providing us with a source leads me to believe that you have none. It's more than likely that you were just pulling that number from a conversation you overheard an agent having with another agent.

Not to get technical but MA is guaranteed issue health insurance for the folks that are eligible. The government (and occasionally to some extent the member) pays a premium and in exchange the health insurance company pays health insurance claims. They get insurance ID cards. The doctors and other providers bill the insurance which pays the claims. How much more can it be insurance?

Since you brought up the folks who are suffering, how is cutting funding to $0/month MA programs that offer more comprehensive coverage than Original Medicare to folks who can't afford Medicare Supplements going to help the beneficiaries? The short answer is that it wont. Med supps, like MA, are not for everyone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I thought they were planning on cutting a huge chunk out of medicare subsidies to help pay for reform. Wouldn't this make MA and medicare supplement plans more expensive? If so how would this help any senior?

I think those are perfectly reasonable questions more people should be asking!

Last edited:
They are only reducing funding for medicare Advantage which will save the mostmoney...also reimbursement to Doctors will decrease 21%. The doctors are aware of this. The taxation of people making over 1 million a yr. and an individual making 500 thousand a yr will be the last way to fund healthcare reform. by the way I have been an independent agent for 25 years and am contracted to sell medicare Supplement and Life insurance with very strong companies. I gather my information from the companies I represent and from medicare bulletins that come out........to the individual who likes to ck. grammar instead of arguing facts I would bet has no field experience and just likes to complain....Regards

Last edited:
Medicare is not my market, but as I understand it is the PFFS line of coverage that is on the chopping block. Not PPO or HMO MA plans.

Perhaps someone can clarify.

The 21% cut to providers will eventually be added back in (assuming this massive bill passes) or will be handled separately (such as in the failed "doc fix" bill). Much of the pork associated with getting Obamacare this far has already been hidden in separate grants, so that is another way to cut in one bill and restore separately somewhere else.

Obamacare isn't dead yet but it is on life support. Items such as abortion funding, public option and benefits for illegals are more than just speed bumps along the way. The House didn't have enough votes to pass their version until they did a poll on the abortion issue and found 240 votes. They quickly inserted the Stupak amendment which allowed the bill to squeak through but just barely.

Political experts say the Stupak amendment won't survive in the Senate and the abortion issue will continue to be a hot topic.

The full cost of Obamacare is not yet known nor is it reflected in the CBO estimates which are closer to fiction than fact. The CBO figures do not include tax increases at the state level to fund Medicaid expansion. They also don't include the various sideline deals used to aid in passage of this bill.

One of the forgotten issues is the money doled out by Obama to fund SCHIP expansion. That was supposed to be a one time infusion but it will either have to be renewed or the states will have to find ways to cut benefits or increase taxes.

Just one more unfunded liability in the financial house of cards being built in Obamington.

The money well in DC is virtually dry and at the state level they are sucking dust. Watch for continued bank failures, increasing unemployment and foreclosures in commercial lending to put a crimp in government expansion.

Medicare cuts will eventually come home to roost, hopefully before they are made law and implemented, but if not, they will most certainly be repealed in short order.

interesting post..nobody will actually know how the Obama Plan will work until we are a year into it's implementation. I am not sure what year that will be providing it passes. You would be surprised to know how many Doctors are hoping for univeral healthcare even though they will be cut 21% on front end they will pick up $ on back end because less chg offs due to more patients now paying for care. One thing I know is this is the only time we will have to improve this system. From a liability standpoint Doctors are paying enormous sums to keep their practice going and they have to have liability ins.

I think I need to become printing press certified. Lots of money will need to be created...
Local pizza parlor folks said somebody paid them with some privately printed bills. Even passed the "pen" test. Scary stuff, just like the healthcare bill.:1eek:

They are only reducing funding for medicare Advantage which will save the mostmoney...also reimbursement to Doctors will decrease 21%. The doctors are aware of this. The taxation of people making over 1 million a yr. and an individual making 500 thousand a yr will be the last way to fund healthcare reform. by the way I have been an independent agent for 25 years and am contracted to sell medicare Supplement and Life insurance with very strong companies. I gather my information from the companies I represent and from medicare bulletins that come out........to the individual who likes to ck. grammar instead of arguing facts I would bet has no field experience and just likes to complain....Regards

Using your logic we should raise the part B deductible to $500 and the inpatient hospitalization to $10,000, that'd save a bunch of money, right? Just because cutting funding saves money (duh hello?) doesn't mean it's fixing anything, helping the system run more efficiently, or helping anyone.

When Obama was campaigning he said that he would not raise taxes on families making less then $200k/year but is now pushing legislation that would tax people for not having health insurance AND taxing their health insurance benefits as income, how is that not raising taxes?

I know we've been having fun with this, but I'd like to bring up something controversial: It's entirely possible for someone to have field experience AND be able to use proper grammar and punctuation. Someone like that could also have experience working for health insurance companies and have a better understanding of the system from seeing it from more than one angle. You've been a licensed insurance agent for 25 years and you still don't think that Medicare Advantage programs are health insurance? Seriously, that's what you're going with? I think there are plenty of agents on here that have spent plenty of time in the field AND can put together a decent post. Even though jdeasy and I have completely different opinions about many things and he's only worked from the sales end of things, he can at least spell correctly and string a few sentences together in a logical way, do you think he hasn't spent time in the field?

Just to be clear, I'd like to argue the facts, but you're not interested in providing the source of any of your so called facts so I suppose we'll have to omit that part of our discussion.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Medicare is not my market, but as I understand it is the PFFS line of coverage that is on the chopping block. Not PPO or HMO MA plans.

Perhaps someone can clarify.

Funding is being cut across the board, PFFS plans have traditionally received higher reimbursement rates so the cuts are most traumatic to them. That, and they have a whole new set of rules to play by and the transition they have to make (and have started making) is going to be large and expensive. That clear things up at all?

Last edited:
Back