Brokering With Penn Mutual

Ok name who you have in mind.

I was interested in Penn for their GUL, and Par WL.
Plus as a broker I wouldn't have to maintain a production requirement.
It seems I have to deal with more companies to stay competitive.
When I run a GUL on Compulife they are very competitive.
Who do you use for Par WL, and GUL?
Shooter

For GUL, by all means. If you want Par WL, Ohio National, Guardian, and Massmutual are all better options.

For GUL, by all means. If you want Par WL, Ohio National, Guardian, and Massmutual are all better options.

While I have never sold a Penn WL; they actually seem like they are a good option. Their dividends have a strong history, but have been slightly lower than NW/Guard/MM for the past 10 years or so... but currently they are right there with NW & NYL...

Being NDR with a fixed wash loan rate makes it seem like it would be a competitive product...

I find it hard to believe they can pay decent dividends, be NDR AND have a fixed rate...

Thanks CFP, that does help.

Here is a WL dividend comparison sheet for the top WL companies, its from 1990 - 2010.

As you can see PM has been competitive, and still are.

Attachments

• WLdividendsheet.pdf
    427.7 KB · Views: 120
Ignore my last comment, I was not paying attention, or taking a mental holiday, or something...

My understanding was DR with a variable loan rate.

In either case I don't see what is so special about them given that attachment.

The NDR vs. DR debate is a fools game IMO.

That hypothetical benchmark from the PDF, looks nice for Penn, but even they admit in writing it's only true if no loans are taken. I don't know about the rest of you, but one of the major reasons I like WL is the ability to take loans and not lose earning potential. I'm betting if we threw some loans into the mix, it would seriously alter the playing field.

This isn't to say they are a bad company, or necessarily a bad product. Just not my first choice. If I ran into it, I seriously doubt replacement would be a topic for discussion.

The Penn performance piece says in fine print under the comparison chart that the scenario shown is with taking loans..

So I just went back and looked and no it doesn't.

I'm looking at page 2 where is states in regular font size the following:
Flexible Choice ranks #1 for IRR for many cases when no loans are taken.

Ignore my last comment, I was not paying attention, or taking a mental holiday, or something...

My understanding was DR with a variable loan rate.

In either case I don't see what is so special about them given that attachment.

The NDR vs. DR debate is a fools game IMO.

That hypothetical benchmark from the PDF, looks nice for Penn, but even they admit in writing it's only true if no loans are taken. I don't know about the rest of you, but one of the major reasons I like WL is the ability to take loans and not lose earning potential. I'm betting if we threw some loans into the mix, it would seriously alter the playing field.

This isn't to say they are a bad company, or necessarily a bad product. Just not my first choice. If I ran into it, I seriously doubt replacement would be a topic for discussion.

You're right, NDR vs. DR is more of a mental mind game. NDR comes with a variable rate, and hopefully fixed with DR. What made it interesting is when you said NDR plus fixed rate.

Back