Business Cards

Ya. Take the good with the bad. I was taught by an agent to play stupid and say you do not have one when they ask for your business card or say this has to be done today because i am not going to be in this part of town for awhile. What do u guys think?

You were taught by an agent that needed to be a student instead of teaching others. There is nothing wrong with telling them you might not be back in the area for a while, but most people do not want to deal with a "stupid" agent or one who doesn't even invest in himself enough to have business cards.

You were taught by an agent that needed to be a student instead of teaching others. There is nothing wrong with telling them you might not be back in the area for a while, but most people do not want to deal with a "stupid" agent or one who doesn't even invest in himself enough to have business cards.

Ya . He was right when it came to response of business cards though. No one calls!

No. Did the Lincoln thing myself. If you've followed the others advice on giving a good warm up, presentation, why they sent the card in, etc. Explaining a modified plan will come natural. Just part of the presentation.

I've been having more success selling gerber than lincoln since I've gone independent. 60 percent difference in price.

Not true.. But, one thing is for sure.. They can't call if they don't have your card.. Nor can they recommend you to anyone else.

I agree! I have them call after not buying and I've had them call when I didn't get in the door and left my card. Also had referrals from leaving my card. You're missing sales. Are you too cheap to leave a .02 card?Your business card is your miniature billboard...it's a cheap way of advertising. One sale from leaving your card will probably pay for all the business cards you'll ever need.

I agree! I have them call after not buying and I've had them call when I didn't get in the door and left my card. Also had referrals from leaving my card. You're missing sales. Are you too cheap to leave a .02 card?Your business card is your miniature billboard...it's a cheap way of advertising. One sale from leaving your card will probably pay for all the business cards you'll ever need.

I agree. I always give them my card as the first order of business. I rarely DK but even then I give them my card first before I tell them why I'm there.

Of course my scheduled appointments get the card first so that they know I'm the one that called them.

Any business I go into that has a card file there I ask if I can put some of mine in there. Never had anyone refuse.

My cards do cost more than your's though. I spend $100/1000 so 10 cents each.

You don't count on call backs but you definitely get some.

I stick my magnet card on the fridge of every home I go in. They stay there for years. Or until JD peals them off and writes them a policy.

Had a call back this week from a lady I couldn't close almost a year ago. My notes say her smokescreen was she wanted to discuss with her priest first. I completely discarded her as a time waster. Would have never called her again.

She called me back and was ready to "finalize" it as she called it.

Back