Calif Agents, Notice of Appointment

quackattack99

Guru
100+ Post Club
I received an email from Foresters today advising of the requirement to give prior notice of appointment to seniors in California. This is the same thing that Americo did in response to new California legislation. I can only guess that the other carriers are going to follow suit in requiring this notice. Any ideas on how to handle this? Just door knock, try to set the appointment, and deliver the notice at the same time? I don't see how you can set an appointment by phone, deliver the notice, and then do the appointment? If you travel, that would be impossible. Seems to me that it is going to be very difficult to sell FE in California. I live on the Oregon border, and am also licensed there, so that is always an option.

I received an email from Foresters today advising of the requirement to give prior notice of appointment to seniors in California. This is the same thing that Americo did in response to new California legislation. I can only guess that the other carriers are going to follow suit in requiring this notice. Any ideas on how to handle this? Just door knock, try to set the appointment, and deliver the notice at the same time? I don't see how you can set an appointment by phone, deliver the notice, and then do the appointment? If you travel, that would be impossible. Seems to me that it is going to be very difficult to sell FE in California. I live on the Oregon border, and am also licensed there, so that is always an option.

Quack,
The 24 hour appointment notice for seniors over 65, regarding Life and annuity sales isn't new in Ca. I have been using the form since I started last year. I don't know how guys who sell over the phone get around it, and would like to hear from them.

I door knock for business. and for me, I have learned to use it to my advantage. I think it helps to build trust and credibility with people, you are giving them a 24 hour notice with your info on it and you will be back tomorrow. people seem to like that. When at the door, If the conversation gets that far, I explain the notice. When the person wants me to come in and talk to them right then, I explain that I need their ok and have them sign the notice before talking to them.

I would also like to hear from the other Ca guys about this.

Thanks, pardon my ignorance on this. How long are you supposed to give prior notice of the appointment? 24, 48 hrs.? So, I take it that you are doing no appointment setting over the phone? Thanks again!

Thanks, pardon my ignorance on this. How long are you supposed to give prior notice of the appointment? 24, 48 hrs.? So, I take it that you are doing no appointment setting over the phone? Thanks again!

24 hours. no, I don't set my appointments over the phone. Hopefully guys who set phone appointments can give you some advice on this.

wow............bureaucracy at its finest. The 65 year old are to stupid to set up their own appointments and to know what they are doing. Ca. must be a great place to live as so many do but thankful I do not count myself as one.

I havent received this notice from Foresters. Its a Ca. law, but only Americo states specifically that the senior sign it stating they were given 24hr notice. I tend to not use Americo now for 65+ crowd!

I havent received this notice from Foresters. Its a Ca. law, but only Americo states specifically that the senior sign it stating they were given 24hr notice. I tend to not use Americo now for 65+ crowd!

Get me your email address and I will be happy to forward it to you.

It is coming to everyone. It is what it is. No big deal. just something else we will have to deal with.

You should have been around when we found out we were going to have to get AIDS testing consent and have to hand out AIDS testing information and clinic addresses.:embarrassed:

Then illustration showing the guaranteed CV also.

Now it is, "just sign here and here please. Thank You. Oh, I still need that voided check. Thanks!"

Quack,
The 24 hour appointment notice for seniors over 65, regarding Life and annuity sales isn't new in Ca. I have been using the form since I started last year. I don't know how guys who sell over the phone get around it, and would like to hear from them.

I door knock for business. and for me, I have learned to use it to my advantage. I think it helps to build trust and credibility with people, you are giving them a 24 hour notice with your info on it and you will be back tomorrow. people seem to like that. When at the door, If the conversation gets that far, I explain the notice. When the person wants me to come in and talk to them right then, I explain that I need their ok and have them sign the notice before talking to them.

I would also like to hear from the other Ca guys about this.
So, if they agree to let you present to them upon initial contact, they can sign the form and waive the 24 hour waiting period?

Back