Calif Agents, Notice of Appointment

Unfortunately, this seems to be such a grey area, I don't think my upline manager (who lives in anothr state) even knows how to deal with this. Thanks for the info.

I havent received this notice from Foresters. Its a Ca. law, but only Americo states specifically that the senior sign it stating they were given 24hr notice. I tend to not use Americo now for 65+ crowd!

Huh?
If you admit its the law, are you implying its okay to ignore it if a carrier hasn't said something?

I'm hoping I misinterpreted what you said.

Dan

Huh?
If you admit its the law, are you implying its okay to ignore it if a carrier hasn't said something?

I'm hoping I misinterpreted what you said.

Dan

Yep, u def are misinterpreting what Im saying! Americo is the ONLY carrier that makes the client sign the notice stating they were given a 24hr heads up. The other carriers notice is just something u give to the client, and I do every time. I explain it has my name, lic # & Calif Dept of Ins contact info if they have any problems with me.

But this action, RNA & Monu are my top 2 carriers now....then Americo....then UHL or Foresters when needed!

Unfortunately, this seems to be such a grey area, I don't think my upline manager (who lives in anothr state) even knows how to deal with this. Thanks for the info.

SEC. 4. Section 789.10 of the Insurance Code is amended to read:
789.10. (a) This section applies to the sale, offering for sale, or generation of leads for the sale of life insurance, including annuities, to senior insureds or prospective insureds by any person.
(b) A person who meets with a senior in the senior’s home is required to deliver a notice in writing to the senior no less than 24 hours and no more than 14 days prior to that individual’s initial meeting in the senior’s home. If the senior has an existing insurance relationship with an agent and requests a meeting with the agent in the senior’s home the same day, a notice shall be delivered to the senior prior to the meeting. The notice shall be a stand-alone document, with the appropriate information inserted and without any attachments.

Is the grey area the "existing insurance relationship"?

This is my first post so I'll try not to mess it up. I know this thread is quite old and I hope it's ok to post without starting a new thread. I will get up to speed soon so thanks to all of you for your patience.

I am reentering the insurance business after many years away from the industry. I recently sold a successful business and after 3 years of retirement I realized that I was a failure at retirement. So I recently became licensed again in Calif (life and A/H). I will be working with the senior market since I am close to that designation and relate well to their needs. The Calif. 24 hour notification law to seniors prior to meeting with them is a concern. I have seen a couple of posts indicating that the agents doorknock, set the appointment then return the next day or so. Are there any updates to this strategy. I would have send private emails, but since this is my 1st post, I cannot do that.

FYI - I also read in the forum that someone said that SB 590 made FE of 15k or less an exception to this law. This law was passed in the legislature but was vetoed by Govenor Brown (what a surprise).

Sorry for the long post.

Back