Can Marketplace Health Insurance Terminate for Not Sending In Documents?

we can do nothing..... nothing at all. The solution may be massive media play. Until such time as a major main-stream media starts blasting this from the mountain top nothing will happen.

I just reenroll the client now, no reason to appeal, pitch a fit or complain

There will be NO massive media play. The reality is that "most" of the people this is affecting do not watch the news and the news wants to make money like everyone else. The news watching public thinks ACA is a mess and they are tired of hearing about it. Do you really think the people watching FOX care about subsidy people getting s*$&%d over?

There will be NO massive media play. The reality is that "most" of the people this is affecting do not watch the news and the news wants to make money like everyone else. The news watching public thinks ACA is a mess and they are tired of hearing about it. Do you really think the people watching FOX care about subsidy people getting s*$&%d over?

I would agree with you-the issue for agents who have Assurant clients is that when a plan is changed the commission rate for most states goes to 0% but they are still your client and it's tough to explain to a client that you aren't going to service them because you don't work for free.

I was really stressed out about things like this in January and just decided to adjust my cash flow projection to allow for a higher level of policy terminations than normal-once I did that and had an extra $500 taken out of my monthly cash flow projection it took care of my stress (plus my new policies for SEPs have more than offset those losses).

I also agree with Tater, we really can't do anything about it-just make sure the transition is seamless and move on.

I was really stressed out about things like this in January and just decided to adjust my cash flow projection to allow for a higher level of policy terminations than normal-once I did that and had an extra $500 taken out of my monthly cash flow projection it took care of my stress (plus my new policies for SEPs have more than offset those losses).

Makes perfect sense.

I'm happy I didn't sell Assurant, because I couldn't tell someone "no, I won't help you". Even though I probably should! :)

Makes perfect sense.

I'm happy I didn't sell Assurant, because I couldn't tell someone "no, I won't help you". Even though I probably should! :)

It's a tough thing because Assurant, until now, has always been an agent friendly company-excellent commissions, prompt payment, great customer service.

I also haven't taken the 'I can't help you' route with any of these clients, I just chalk it up to doing my job and take care of whatever is needed (within limits)-I'm sure other good agents are doing the same thing.

Makes perfect sense.

I didn't write Assurant either; only because the rates were so high in Texas. This kinda makes me wonder if there's some connection with Assurant paying 0% and possibly starting a domino effect with the marketplace .... nah, don't start the second guessing thinking. There's no way to follow thinking that is not logical. It is just all such a puzzle at this point.

----------

we can do nothing..... nothing at all. The solution may be massive media play. Until such time as a major main-stream media starts blasting this from the mountain top nothing will happen.

I just reenroll the client now, no reason to appeal, pitch a fit or complain

When we reenroll these people it is an entirely new policy with new deductibles; new package; new cards. I foresee upcoming lawsuits on this one. That's what will change this practice of terminating people.

When we reenroll these people it is an entirely new policy with new deductibles; new package; new cards. I foresee upcoming lawsuits on this one. That's what will change this practice of terminating people.

let the lawsuits fly... kinda hard to defend these in DC when the client sends the info signed, return receipt and its the 2014 tax return or pay check stubs... I hope these clients sue the pee pee out of uncle sam

I also started hearing this from past Cigna clients. Are you or anyone else seeing it from other carriers?? How can they do that? If they don't pay, terminating the policy is the only recourse.

Also, I had 4 clients, count them......1......2.......3.......4, all within 1 hour forward me the following email from the marketplace, after uploading their documents over past few weeks.

----------
Subject: Help with Marketplace health costs may end soon

We recently sent you an important notice about your Marketplace coverage. As of March 22, 2015, our records show that we still haven’t received the documents we need from one or more people in your household as proof of their expected yearly income, if they have income. If we don’t have the needed documents, we may end or adjust the financial help you are getting to pay for your Marketplace health plan on May 1, 2015 for you and/or someone on your application.

What to do next

Immediately send any documents the Marketplace still needs.
Check your mail or HealthCare.gov online account for the official Marketplace notice ending coverage.
Read all notices carefully to understand who is affected and what will change.
If your assistance is adjusted and you think we made a mistake and financial help shouldn't end for you or the person(s) named in the notice, follow the directions in the notices to appeal this decision.

If you need help

You can find local help or call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 and tell them the Marketplace is ending coverage for someone on your application. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325.

Your health coverage is important to you and your family. It’s important to us too. We’re here to help you stay covered.

It is not just Cigna clients. I have a Health Net client who received an identical email from the FFM.

I read this article, and said "finally, someone who writes about what is really going on", and what we deal with every day

Why I will not purchase health insurance through the exchange - EmaxHealth

Then I read this one, and wondering if this person is an agent working full time for someone. Can anyone name this WBE in the article?

My Experience of Using a Health Insurance Web Broker Site - EmaxHealth

---------

The first article was written by Sheron Sidbury, Independent Agent, Self-Employed since September, 2008.

Sheron Sidbury: Employment at Self Employed House and Office Cleaner, Owner of Handy Helpers Domestic and Odd Jobs Refferal Service for 2 years, Independent Insurance Agent with American Classic Agency since September 2008: (She is a smart lady .... she has her Plan B. These articles are well written.)

Back