Cancer Insurance - Waste of Money ?

Last edited:
You are avoiding the question because you know the obvious answer..

What's obvious to you is not obvious to me, and vice versa.

The emotional impact of your health experiences is so strong that others in the thread have taken an opinion which you expressed about insurance and reflected that this would be a very good concept to include in a sales talk with a prospect. I believe that an agent that would do that is misusing their agency relationship with the insurance carrier to: At Best; mislead someone as to what happens to cash in a modern corporation, or: At Worst, to misrepresent to someone what happens to cash in a modern corporation.

I have learned over 55 years or so, the first time long before you got your insurance license, that mixing business and charity transactions will quite often have negative effects for the person providing the funds and may actually have negative impacts on all parties involved.

You are an elder statesman of the forum:
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...ost-of-us-have-been-alive.83923/#post-1122616
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...surance-fireside-chat-with-louis-rouse.85903/
https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/iliaa-interview-cancer-insurance.89600/#post-1195645

Disagreeing with you is rather like disputing Abraham Lincoln.

What's obvious to you is not obvious to me, and vice versa.

The emotional impact of your health experiences is so strong that others in the thread have taken an opinion which you expressed about insurance and reflected that this would be a very good concept to include in a sales talk with a prospect. I believe that an agent that would do that is misusing their agency relationship with the insurance carrier to: At Best; mislead someone as to what happens to cash in a modern corporation, or: At Worst, to misrepresent to someone what happens to cash in a modern corporation.

I have learned over 55 years or so, the first time long before you got your insurance license, that mixing business and charity transactions will quite often have negative effects for the person providing the funds and may actually have negative impacts on all parties involved.

You are an elder statesman of the forum:
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...ost-of-us-have-been-alive.83923/#post-1122616
https://insurance-forums.com/commun...surance-fireside-chat-with-louis-rouse.85903/
https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/iliaa-interview-cancer-insurance.89600/#post-1195645

Disagreeing with you is rather like disputing Abraham Lincoln.

Why would an insurance agent try to explain to a client the route that monies take in and insurance corporation? You have taken a simple concept and blown it up while you're trying to justify that Rouse is wrong. Now you're just going way off the path and trying to prove your point with nonsense.

One of the reasons you find yourself in arguments on here is that you like to complicate things and make mountains out of molehills. Chill brother!

[QUOTE="Todd King, post: 1206602, member: 3501]One of the reasons you find yourself in arguments on here is that you like to complicate things and make mountains out of molehills. Chill brother![/QUOTE]

The other issue is he has nothing to do. Needs to find a better hobby that bothering insurance professionals with BS.

Rick

As I sit here in the regional cancer center waiting to see my radiation oncologist for a follow up, talking with others that are either survivors or undergoing treatment, my thoughts turned to cancer insurance. There are many that say it is a waste of money. I can guarantee you that those that are fortunate enough to have the coverage to help them financially as they undergo treatment are among that group.

But, what about the folks that carry a plan and never have a claim? Have they just wasted their money? Well, first of all, I would be very thankful if I were in that group but something occurred to me
this morning that I had never thought of before.

"Where do you think the money to pay claims to those that need it comes from?" ...From the money contributed in the form of premiums by people who never have a claim. So the money we pay is not wasted but goes to help others in need which actually was the whole idea behind the early insurance societies.

Down deep I always knew that but I have used that knowledge in my presentation. Have always just appealed to the clients sense of "greed" that if the needed the money it would be there. But, by telling them, "I hope you never need it and if you don't you will have helped others that were in desperate need.", you also appeal to their sense of charity.

As I sit here in the regional cancer center waiting to see my radiation oncologist for a follow up, talking with others that are either survivors or undergoing treatment, my thoughts turned to cancer insurance. There are many that say it is a waste of money. I can guarantee you that those that are fortunate enough to have the coverage to help them financially as they undergo treatment are among that group.

But, what about the folks that carry a plan and never have a claim? Have they just wasted their money? Well, first of all, I would be very thankful if I were in that group but something occurred to me
this morning that I had never thought of before.

"Where do you think the money to pay claims to those that need it comes from?" ...From the money contributed in the form of premiums by people who never have a claim. So the money we pay is not wasted but goes to help others in need which actually was the whole idea behind the early insurance societies.

Down deep I always knew that but I have used that knowledge in my presentation. Have always just appealed to the clients sense of "greed" that if the needed the money it would be there. But, by telling them, "I hope you never need it and if you don't you will have helped others that were in desperate need.", you also appeal to their sense of charity.

It is not a waste of money. If you get cancer, the funds can be used for your treatment. Some patients use the funds to travel and stay in hotels when they have go a long distance for treatment. Cancer insurance can be used as a protection like life insurance and health insurance. Cancer can wipe out your bank account.

Back