captive to independent /need advise

senior-advisor-indiana

Guru
5000 Post Club
Indiana
hi everyone, i am looking for some suppport on converting to an independent agent in the senior market. i have been in the business 2 yrs. I sell medicare supplements, annuities, final expense, and some medicare advantage plans. Do i really need an office? What is the best way to get in front of prospects, cost and time wise. I want to keep selling med supps and annuities i dont really care for medicare advantage but i do sell to those who want it or cant afford a suppplement. What are the things i should watch out for so i dont make bad mistakes. by the way i live in indiana. I would eventually like to have agents underneath me.

What are the things i should watch out for so i dont make bad mistakes. by the way i live in indiana. I would eventually like to have agents underneath me.

Personally, I like a woman underneath me, but hey.....to each their own right :cool:

well thanx for wasting my time

Oh so sorry, just sometimes things get a little frisky around here.

I'll guarantee you we can help, just give it a little time. First off, how are you working now? How do you prospect now for business?

First off you don't need an office, most here are working out of our homes. Many here use telemarketing, either done by self or farmed out to individuals. I would advice on getting business rolling before diving into the whole agency thing and hiring agents.

Last edited:
no i am not a woman..... right now i am working pre set appointments through my captive side and buying direct mail leads too. i dont really have the money to buy that many leads though. i am getting contracted with sterling life to sell thier med supps, todays options i am currently contracted with, they havent paid me in 3 weeks though. i also have GTL for thier plus plan

What part of Indiana? Just curious 'cause I was born and raised in Northern IN - Michigan City. I left it many years ago but it was a great place to grow up. MC has a great beach with some of the best sand in the world.

1. no i am not a woman..... right now i am working pre set appointments through my captive side and buying direct mail leads too. i dont really have the money to buy that many leads though. i am getting contracted with sterling life to sell thier med supps, todays options i am currently contracted with, they havent paid me in 3 weeks though. i also have GTL for thier plus plan
http://cismarketing.com you can get a list of 1000 names for i think 85 bucks i would suggest getting contracted with united world if they are in your state i also have sterling right now though here in louisiana their rates are a little higher united world is part of mutual of omaha so if you are just going independent you may want a couple of supp plans even though you can't be all things to all people having more than 1 company may increase your chances of making a sale anywho good luck:biggrin:

Back