Cardiomyopathy and Med Supp

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
I just got off the phone with a 73 year old who says she has cardiomyopathy. Takes metoprolol for that and Spironolactone (I believe) for her high blood pressure. Wants off her Mutual of Omaha Plan G that has gone from $136 to $180 in a couple of years, according to her.

I might have looked wrong, but it looks like this isn't a decline for Manhattan Life Med Supp........maybe I miss read it. Working off cellphone.

I just got off the phone with a 73 year old who says she has cardiomyopathy. Takes metoprolol for that and Spironolactone (I believe) for her high blood pressure. Wants off her Mutual of Omaha Plan G that has gone from $136 to $180 in a couple of years, according to her.

I might have looked wrong, but it looks like this isn't a decline for Manhattan Life Med Supp........maybe I miss read it. Working off cellphone.

She definitely doesn't have the Omaha Insurance Plan G. It hasn't had a rate increase in the last two years and had a rate decrease the year prior to that.

Some carriers will consider a condition whereby they answer yes as long as there have been no changes in the condition or medication in the last two or more years. Can't say for certain on Manhattan Life as I have chosen not to work with them based on how they handled Family Life and because of who is actually behind the product. Not a fan of AIMC.

Yeah. I haven't sold ML yet either. But in looking at things on phone it looked like a knock out for Equitable and New Era.

----------

I also didn't see Omaha Insurance going up. She has AARP PDP, maybe she has AARP Med Supp and is confused. I need to see if I can help her out.

Spironolactone is also used for some heart conditions (including cardiomyopathy).

As Scott said, OIC hasn't had a G increase, but United of Omaha has. If she bought her plan prior to Oct 2013 she probably has UOO and her rate could very well be $180.

Back