Cardone University

I would have to believe that everyone that has a sales system to sell to sales people want everyone to believe they are the greatest salesperson in the world and their system(s) will help one achieve unheard of increases in sales volumes.

If you are a successful sales person, knowing your market and products, your own personal training and support may do a lot more to improve your staff's productivity than buying a big time consultant's program.

Justin has posted a thread with a whole lot of sales tips in it-I have lost track of it and have been unable to find it again, but it is in here somewhere. There are a lot of good ideas in there.

There are a number of threads that involve books members recommend. A MedSupp agent consistently recommends Gitomer, Godin and Freese. Take one of those, or something else you really like and plan for a 1 hour staff meeting. Pick a chapter that involves something you think your staff needs to learn. Ask a staff member to read it ahead of time and then present the concepts to the group. You talk to the group about why you think it is important. Then spend a couple of weeks emphasizing that point in customer interactions and see what changes happen in the staff. I don't know if that works or not, but if I think it is something I would want to try before I just up and spent a bunch of money on some canned system from "possibly the best salesman in the world".

Just my thought-and for full disclosure-I am just a consumer and unsuccessful salesperson.

I like Grant Cardone from a motivation, action taking, and accountability point of view. From a life insurance standpoint, his training not very relevant (I subscribed a few years ago to his program).

Grant Cardone tends to focus on transactional sales for a goods or a physical product. For example an automobile - once a person drives a car off the car lot, that car is theirs and cannot be returned easily. If you are sold an educational program, you likely won't return it immediately and have no refund option.

Pressure someone into purchasing a life insurance policy and they will drop it in the "free look period" and you'll get a chargeback. If they don't drop it right away, they will likely do it in the next 9 months and you'll have to pay back your advance due to a chargeback.

Life insurance is an emotional purchase for a product that is a promise to pay someone when you die...not a sexy product to sell!

So, Grant Cardone is good from a motivation perspective, but really not the best for life insurance training. For life insurance, a consultive approach works better than high-pressure sales techniques.

Reactions: DHK
The problem with sales coaches/trainers that are NOT in our industry (such as Brian Tracy, Zig Ziglar, Earl Nightingale and many others), is that they can teach great selling FUNDAMENTALS, but it's still up to YOU to figure out how to adapt and/or create your system/process to conform to those fundamentals.

When you find industry specific selling systems/methods and they 'feel right', then you listen to these generic guys... and they simply confirm to you that you have the right process for what you sell. You say "got that, got that, that one doesn't apply, yep got that" every time you listen. That's when you've got it down.

The problem with sales coaches/trainers that are NOT in our industry (such as Brian Tracy, Zig Ziglar, Earl Nightingale and many others), is that they can teach great selling FUNDAMENTALS, but it's still up to YOU to figure out how to adapt and/or create your system/process to conform to those fundamentals.

When you find industry specific selling systems/methods and they 'feel right', then you listen to these generic guys... and they simply confirm to you that you have the right process for what you sell. You say "got that, got that, that one doesn't apply, yep got that" every time you listen. That's when you've got it down.

There is a manufacturing consultant named Eli Goldratt. He wrote two novels-The Goal and It's Not Luck-to present his theory of constraints. The books are centered around a factory manager and a consultant. By the end of the second book, the consultant has worked through 3-4 factory improvement cycles with the manager. I don't remember precise wording, but at the end of that book, the manager is inquiring of the consultant as to when they will do another round and the consultant tells the manager he is going to have to do the rounds from there on his own, because they have gone beyond general broad based constraints that can be observed in many factories, to finding things that will be extremely specific to the managers factory.

I like what you said because it is expressing the same concept in a way that is specific to the need here.

Just curious if anyone has used this system in the Insurance field on this forum? Its not industry specific but he is possibly best salesman in the world so I signed up for a 3 month trial of it hoping to get some tips on using the phone, prospecting, etc. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase the program for my whole office.

Just looking to see if anybody has any familiarity with this and if they have seen it improve sales in the insurance industry.

Thanks,

I am a subscriber, and yes, I believe it's well worth it - despite what the others said. My sales have gone up a significant amount since I started his program. (I did his 995 deal for cardone u 2 years ago).

Now, some of that may be just more time doing what I do. So experience is part of the game.

But, I do think there is a correlation between what I've learned from his program(s) and sales success.

In short - I'd spend the money again without hesitation.

Now, some of that may be just more time doing what I do. So experience is part of the game.

That's awesome! Anything that helps you confidence and adds skills is a win in sales.

One thing I didn't like was the test you had to take at the end of each video. If you missed a question, you had watch the whole video again...and take the test again. I hated that because I wanted to consume the material, not have to take a test every 5 minutes.

They called and wanted me to resubscribe, but could not remove this testing function, so declined.

That's awesome! Anything that helps you confidence and adds skills is a win in sales.

One thing I didn't like was the test you had to take at the end of each video. If you missed a question, you had watch the whole video again...and take the test again. I hated that because I wanted to consume the material, not have to take a test every 5 minutes.

They called and wanted me to resubscribe, but could not remove this testing function, so declined.
lol yea...i got a 90% on one of them and failed. not a fan of that part and if you fail twice you have to watch the whole video again. That needs to be fixed in my opinion. But thankfully it doesnt lock you out from the next segement so its not like you have to actually take and pass each exam

Back