Carrier interrogating clients over claim

Then wear and tear is irrelevant.

Let me add. Was the first check for the ACV and then he was going to cut a check for RC once repairs were completed?
correct first check acv then no second check for rc, they claim contractor did not have proper receipts and it wasn't fixed properly, so then adjuster opens up a new claim.

I am just picturing the adjuster strapping the insured to a chair with duct tape. Hooking them up to a car battery and yelling questions at them while pulling their toenails out.

He had a tape player and made them like state their name and spell it out. He asked the same questions over and over but phrased them different. It was described tome like a police Tv interrogation

correct first check acv then no second check for rc, they claim contractor did not have proper receipts and it wasn't fixed properly, so then adjuster opens up a new claim.

Yep, your insured has made a real mess of the situation. Hiring an unlicensed contractor is going to cost them a lot more in the end, and I bet they still get non-renewed even if they get it all fixed.

The bright side, you now have a great story on why to use licensed contractors. One, a licensed contractor probably wouldn't have botched the job so bad. And two, you'd have his GL to go after on the damages.

It is starting to sound like they are up a creek without a paddle right now.

Let me add, why would you ever hire an unlicensed contractor for an insurance claim anyway? The insurance company is paying it, so really who cares what it costs. You've already got the claim on your CLUE report, an extra thousand or two won't make a lot of difference to the rates. And if the deductible is the problem, most are going to work with you on that anyway as for a larger claim, the real money is the insurance money.

Why in the world would they do this, and did you talk to them about it before they went and hired an unlicensed person?

FavorableBoilingIberianmidwifetoad-small.gif

There must have been some serious fraud indicators here. Call the claim rep (obviously.) normally SIU investigators are different then the adjuster.

Who’s the carrier? Did they request the signed all? Wouldn’t be suprised if they want your recorded statement.

90% chance the insured is committing fraud. I commend the carrier for investigating

Back