Central United Life

Does anybody have experience with this company? Are they good about paying their claims, etc?
Have been with them several years..Good company to deal with. The only problem I know of them having was people (including agents) not understanding the definition of usual and customary charges on the cancer plan. They go out of their way to explain it now. The charge is based upon what the provider actually accepts as full payment. For example a doctor bills $4000.00 but you are insured with an HMO and he accepts $3000.00 as his full payment in accordance with his HMO contract. The plan will pay based on the $3K charge not the $4K.

Last edited:
Have been with them several years..Good company to deal with. The only problem I know of them having was people (including agents) not understanding the definition of usual and customary charges on the cancer plan. They go out of their way to explain it now. The charge is based upon what the provider actually accepts as full payment. For example a doctor bills $4000.00 but you are insured with an HMO and he accepts $3000.00 as his full payment in accordance with his HMO contract. The plan will pay based on the $3K charge not the $4K.

Thanks, Louis. Guess I should have just asked you direct.

Back