Closing the Sale... "I Need to Think About It"

Call em' out on it. I've said "I hear that several times a week and it's folks just to nice to say no." Challenge them a bit further but it's probably over.

Wrong timeing to challenge a potential customer. I'll do it when they think I can't help them, not when I'm working on closing. You want people to think you are trying to help them, not pissing them off. If it doesn't close you don't want to have them telling everyone what an ass you are.

Wrong timeing to challenge a potential customer. I'll do it when they think I can't help them, not when I'm working on closing. You want people to think you are trying to help them, not pissing them off. If it doesn't close you don't want to have them telling everyone what an ass you are.

Actually that is THE only time to challenge them. If they tell you this its over already and you might as well have some fun with it, who cares what they tell people, like anyone cares about their opinion or their friends lol, just keeping it real:)

What the hell are you talking about? You don't even have your insurance license yet...go get a grip on reality.

What the hell are you talking about? You don't even have your insurance license yet...go get a grip on reality.

I'm still in sales. I've had better luck challenging people early on to disarm them and prove that I can help them. For me it's worked, but insurance could be different.

I'm still in sales. I've had better luck challenging people early on to disarm them and prove that I can help them. For me it's worked, but insurance could be different.

Ummm yea it is. There is a nice little video that Rearden has out there that explains how fe is bought and not sold. While we do sell it, it is more of a revealing to the prospect of why they need it, when you get good you can get them to persuade themselves with very little "selling"

Ummm yea it is. There is a nice little video that Rearden has out there that explains how fe is bought and not sold. While we do sell it, it is more of a revealing to the prospect of why they need it, when you get good you can get them to persuade themselves with very little "selling"

When you get really really good some will ask you to sell it to them.

I'll have to find that after I'm done listening to your interview with John Duggar. I've been able to use other things I've learned here so it can't hurt.

Here's the video - Final Expense Is BOUGHT, Not SOLD!

Thanks for the reco, Mr. Galt.

The purpose of this video is to explain to new agents that he needs to focus on finding HIS GUY - the prospect that GETS why life insurance is important, but is UNSURE as to which TYPE to buy.

Selling is NOT about convincing someone to buy from you who is not a qualified prospect; that's the perception of salesmanship Hollywood wants people to believe.

What TRUE selling is about is finding a QUALIFIED prospect... who ALREADY has the underlying emotional reason to have life insurance... but NEEDS to be sold on WHICH option is the BEST for him.

When final expense agents focus their efforts on that nuanced but fundamental difference, they will begin to manage their time better and sell more policies.

I'll have to find that after I'm done listening to your interview with John Duggar. I've been able to use other things I've learned here so it can't hurt.

Can't hurt? Insurance is a different animal.

Every month there is a new mortgage, real estate, car, vacuum, home improvement, copier, timeshare....... Superstar that thinks they know how to sell insurance. I am not saying that is you however, those guys you are listening to have forgotten more about insurance than you will know for the first year.

Here's the video - Final Expense Is BOUGHT, Not SOLD!

Thanks for the reco, Mr. Galt.

The purpose of this video is to explain to new agents that he needs to focus on finding HIS GUY - the prospect that GETS why life insurance is important, but is UNSURE as to which TYPE to buy.

Selling is NOT about convincing someone to buy from you who is not a qualified prospect; that's the perception of salesmanship Hollywood wants people to believe.

What TRUE selling is about is finding a QUALIFIED prospect... who ALREADY has the underlying emotional reason to have life insurance... but NEEDS to be sold on WHICH option is the BEST for him.

When final expense agents focus their efforts on that nuanced but fundamental difference, they will begin to manage their time better and sell more policies.

Great point! An old timer once told me that selling had more to do with who was sitting in front of you than anything else.:yes:

Back