CNN and Acosta Should Have Apologized

Robert Barney

Guru
1000 Post Club
I don't know what the judge will decide:

Trump seeks to land blow against media in court fight with CNN

but one thing is clear. Jim Acosta, with his belligerent 3 year old behavior, has opened a can of worms. The media doesn't win this legal battle, regardless of which way the court decision goes.

We all saw Acosta fight with a young girl over a microphone he was told to give up - told by the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES "enough". The arrogance of Acosta is beyond the pale, and his employer is backing it up. If the courts tell the President he has no say in the office which he occupies, about the behavior of the press, I think the opinion of the press goes lower in the minds of the electorate (it can't go lower in my mind).

What amazes me is that Acosta wasn't told by CNN to apologize to the young lady and apologize to the President. Had they done so, it would have been over. Trump is quick to forgive (unlike some). Instead they launched a lawsuit. What complete idiots.

He makes it sound like killing a foreign billionaire fugitive is like taking a walk in the park.

Let's see:

Trump blasts retired Navy SEAL, suggesting he should've caught bin Laden sooner

which says:

Last year, McRaven, who did not make an endorsement in the 2016 presidential election, called Trump's lambasting of the news media possibly "the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime" during a speech at the University of Texas. A four-star admiral who retired from the Navy in 2014, McRaven also wrote an August op-ed article calling on Trump to revoke his security clearance after the president pulled former CIA Director John Brennan's clearance.​

"the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime"

Really? Really? I mean, Really!

And you think Trump should have let that slide?

And the media is eager to escalate the battle with Trump:

White House correspondents group promises reporters will continue to ask follow-up questions

which says:

"The White House Correspondents' Association had no role in crafting any procedures for future press conferences. For as long as there have been White House press conferences, White House reporters have asked follow-up questions," WCHA President Olivier Knox wrote in a statement.​

There is a difference between a "follow-up question" and badgering the President. I really don't think that most reporters like Acosta know the difference.

Let's see:

Trump blasts retired Navy SEAL, suggesting he should've caught bin Laden sooner

which says:

Last year, McRaven, who did not make an endorsement in the 2016 presidential election, called Trump's lambasting of the news media possibly "the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime" during a speech at the University of Texas. A four-star admiral who retired from the Navy in 2014, McRaven also wrote an August op-ed article calling on Trump to revoke his security clearance after the president pulled former CIA Director John Brennan's clearance.​

"the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime"

Really? Really? I mean, Really!

And you think Trump should have let that slide?

I get what you are saying. I finally get it! You are saying Trump is a baby and as such should respond to every negative opinion about him...even if it means insulting someone who helped vindicate thousands of Americans who lost their lives at the hands of terrorism. Thank you for explaining it to me. I didnt know grown men are allowed to revert back to babies. I'm about to go get some milk!

Back