• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Cold Calls Made Per Week?

ShanHikari

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just wondering how many cold calls people make in an average week and how many appointments you get off them.

I've been doing about 400 a week with 3-4 appointments 5-10 call backs or email quotes.

Used an auto dialer in the past but wasn't impressed with the importing of the lists feature on Mojo Engine, so these are made single one at a time.

Just wondering how many cold calls people make in an average week and how many appointments you get off them.

I've been doing about 400 a week with 3-4 appointments 5-10 call backs or email quotes.

Used an auto dialer in the past but wasn't impressed with the importing of the lists feature on Mojo Engine, so these are made single one at a time.

Stats will be meaningless unless you are comparing apples to apples:

Approach: Product (if so what product) or Process (if so, what are you asking for)

When I cold call, I call for 5 minute introductions, usually for the same day. 50 calls will lead me to 10 to 15 contacts and 2 to 4 introductions set. When I called for health insurance, the ratio's were substantially different.

Concentrate on making quality calls not quantity of calls. Cold calling is a learned, well practiced art. Not something that just comes naturally for everyone.

Stats will be meaningless unless you are comparing apples to apples:

Approach: Product (if so what product) or Process (if so, what are you asking for)

When I cold call, I call for 5 minute introductions, usually for the same day. 50 calls will lead me to 10 to 15 contacts and 2 to 4 introductions set. When I called for health insurance, the ratio's were substantially different.

What exactly are you calling for? Life, med supps?
I'm doing it for health, and I carry everyone in CA so its not like I can't quote them every product and find the best one. Health just isn't exactly a big phone seller for me lol.

What exactly are you calling for? Life, med supps?
I'm doing it for health, and I carry everyone in CA so its not like I can't quote them every product and find the best one. Health just isn't exactly a big phone seller for me lol.

For me, I'm a life insurance agent first, but I do a number of other things as well. I want 5 minutes to show them what I do, then find out if we should talk further. One of three things happens:

1. I set a meeting for later in the week (or when ever).
2. It doesn't make sense to talk at this point, but it may make sense to talk later (I get an email address to drip on them and call back in 6 months).
3. It doesn't make sense to talk further. No problem, next.

I'll help them with any problem I can solve and they want my help: life, health, disability, retirement, doesn't matter to me. I want them as a client, I'll try to get the rest later. I can't accomplish all this on the phone, that's why I go for a 5 minute introduction.

I'm also a life insurance agent, and also do a number of other things. I'm cold calling at distance of 100-150 miles radius from where I'm, so its not cost effective to travel 100-150 miles "just" for appointment.

How do you manage prospects/leads at such distance, or to be precise, how should it be managed/handled?

I know some agents close all their sales on telephone, but I think they buy internet leads. And my question is about cold-calling and close over telephone. How succesful can it be? I've been able close a couple of apps last month, that way.

For me, I'm a life insurance agent first, but I do a number of other things as well. I want 5 minutes to show them what I do, then find out if we should talk further. ...................... I can't accomplish all this on the phone, that's why I go for a 5 minute introduction.

I'm also a life insurance agent, and also do a number of other things. I'm cold calling at distance of 100-150 miles radius from where I'm, so its not cost effective to travel 100-150 miles "just" for appointment.

How do you manage prospects/leads at such distance, or to be precise, how should it be managed/handled?

I know some agents close all their sales on telephone, but I think they buy internet leads. And my question is about cold-calling and close over telephone. How succesful can it be? I've been able close a couple of apps last month, that way.

I wouldn't travel 1 1/2 hours for one or two five minute introductions. If you have a 2pm meeting, why not call in the morning and try to set other five minute introductions near by, you'll be there anyway. If you get stood up, walk into other businesses in the area, you were going to be in the area anyway.

If you have nothing going on for the day, what are you going to do that will be more productive? Spend the morning making calls and set 3 or 4 of them, then head out to the area and go B2B when not seeing those 3 or 4. After a while, your calendar will starting getting fuller and you can revert to the above.

I wouldn't travel 1 1/2 hours for one or two five minute introductions. If you have a 2pm meeting, why not call in the morning and try to set other five minute introductions near by, you'll be there anyway. If you get stood up, walk into other businesses in the area, you were going to be in the area anyway.

If you have nothing going on for the day, what are you going to do that will be more productive? Spend the morning making calls and set 3 or 4 of them, then head out to the area and go B2B when not seeing those 3 or 4. After a while, your calendar will starting getting fuller and you can revert to the above.

I do both B2B and B2C. Get much more out of the B2B but B2C I use health insurance to get in the door and then cross sell. I agree with you though, in the beginning I would drive 100+ miles for an appointment but then realized it wasn't worth the gas 99% of the time. Drove from San Diego to Julian CA, 3 hours each way... Wasted the day, but at least I got free pie!!!!

Back