Common Objections

30 years ago, had a company, Union Bankers I believe, that got the bright idea that all applications had to be completed in the insured's handwriting. The agent had to be present and witness the signatures since it was long before anyone even dreamed of tele-apps. Sold two using that process and the second one was suach a nightmare trying to explain to the client where to write what, that I never sold anything else with the company. :no:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Was taught no money, no sale.. Submitted my first case ever where the first premium was to be drafted last month. Faxed the app in, received immediate payment of commissions but couldn't shake the idea that I didn't really have a sale..

IMHO if they agreed to the first draft, you made the sale. It's just like mailing the check in to the company but drafting is quicker and the check can't be lost. Doesn't mean they won't cancel down the road but that can happen anyway. Nice job.

IMHO if they agreed to the first draft, you made the sale. It's just like mailing the check in to the company but drafting is quicker and the check can't be lost. Doesn't mean they won't cancel down the road but that can happen anyway. Nice job.

This is the way 99% of my business is done....I rarely take a check for the first month, unless the client insists, and that has happened a few times.

This is the way 99% of my business is done....I rarely take a check for the first month, unless the client insists, and that has happened a few times.

I always ask for a check for the first month's premium. If I don't ask for the check most companies are going to draft their account when they receive that app. There is no difference, the money may stay in their account for a couple of days longer is all.

When a senior writes a check they know that it is coming out of their account and when it is coming out. I have run into problems just collecting a voided check even though I tell them the company will draft their account as soon as they get the app.

Not collecting a check does not make the policy easier to sell.

I always ask for a check for the first month's premium. If I don't ask for the check most companies are going to draft their account when they receive that app. There is no difference, the money may stay in their account for a couple of days longer is all.

When a senior writes a check they know that it is coming out of their account and when it is coming out. I have run into problems just collecting a voided check even though I tell them the company will draft their account as soon as they get the app.

Not collecting a check does not make the policy easier to sell.

Now that makes perfect sense when dealing with seniors. For me, I think it is easier to sell....I let them know..I dont have to have any money today. We can draft your first premium on (Whatever day they select)...I will get the paperwork started.

I always ask for a check for the first month's premium... Not collecting a check does not make the policy easier to sell.
Agreed on both counts. Ohio National won't draft for the initial premium until underwriting approval, so if you want the conditional receipt to be in effect, you have to send a paper check at the front end.

Ben would compete with you and win.

I said don't listen to what the above poster
said because as a new agent I find that what
you said would discourage him from doing
something that is working for him.

His objection overcoming technique was very
basic. You know what they say though when
a baseball player keeps missing the ball or
goes in a slump.

"Back to the basics"
J-matos by the way...

I'd like to talk to you about what your doing there
in the sr.market with final expense etc...

I have been talking to your FMO very cool guy!

I do a ton of premium but I want to add some quick issue
stuff in.

Last edited:
Ben would compete with you and win.

I said don't listen to what the above poster
said because as a new agent I find that what
you said would discourage him from doing
something that is working for him.

His objection overcoming technique was very
basic. You know what they say though when
a baseball player keeps missing the ball or
goes in a slump.

"Back to the basics"
J-matos by the way...

I'd like to talk to you about what your doing there
in the sr.market with final expense etc...

I have been talking to your FMO very cool guy!

I do a ton of premium but I want to add some quick issue
stuff in.

Call me! My contact information can be found through the link below.

Back