Common Objections

I would never let a Med Supp prospect fill out the app by themselves.

I have known agents who can't do it and get it right. :twitchy:

So what is the exact procedure when doing out of state apps?

Do you do the app over the phone then send it to them to sign?

Do you send them a blank app for them to sign and fill it out when it comes back?

Do you send them a blank app and fill one out with them over the phone so they can see what you are looking at then have them sign the blank one and fill it in when it comes back?

I have talked to a few of these seniors and they are hard of hearing. Some are hard to understand, especially the rednecks. I'm curious of the easiest way to do it. :goofy:

The last two I did were in their 90's. Really hard to understand what they were saying.

You get all of the info and put it on the app yourself. Only mark the places they have to sign.

One exception, some don't want to give out the SSN over the phone. Tell them it's fine, they can write it on the application themselves.

So what is the exact procedure when doing out of state apps?

Do you do the app over the phone then send it to them to sign?

Do you send them a blank app for them to sign and fill it out when it comes back?

Do you send them a blank app and fill one out with them over the phone so they can see what you are looking at then have them sign the blank one and fill it in when it comes back?

I have talked to a few of these seniors and they are hard of hearing. Some are hard to understand, especially the rednecks. I'm curious of the easiest way to do it. :goofy:

The last two I did were in their 90's. Really hard to understand what they were saying.

The really "correct way", the way I do it haha, is to fill out the app while I have them on the phone and mail it to them. I don't remember the last time I didn't get one back and get it back immediately.

I would never, ever send them a blank app. I want them to see it, hold it read it and pick up a pen and physically sign it. I want them to make out the check for the first months premium also.

I only target people 67 to 78. Even then, sometimes I have to speak loud enough to be heard in the next county. If I can't understand them then I go on to the next one. However, that very seldom happens. Over the years I've learned to understand their language.

I usually have their contact info before I call so it is usually only a matter of understanding "yes" or "no". I leave the bank info blank for them to fill out when they get the app. This way I don't have to ask them for it over the phone. Besides, when they send the app back with a check and voided check I have the information and I can fill it out myself.

LOL! :D I guess next you're going to say something bad about my mama. And I assume since you're bragging about your production, you must believe it's an impressive accomplishment.

Classic ... they all eventually show themselves as who they really are ... :laugh:

Some very good stuff here about having the app on the table at the beginning of the deal. HMMMMMM....that does throw a curve into the paperless deal....

I see some good Psychology in this method! I like it! Classic

I would never let the client fill out the app, no matter whether it is for Med Supps or life or any other kind of insurance.
30 years ago, had a company, Union Bankers I believe, that got the bright idea that all applications had to be completed in the insured's handwriting. The agent had to be present and witness the signatures since it was long before anyone even dreamed of tele-apps. Sold two using that process and the second one was suach a nightmare trying to explain to the client where to write what, that I never sold anything else with the company. :no:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If they won't give me a check for the 1st payment or permission to draft it I walk. If they have no "skin in the game" they usually won't take it anyway. Even if they agree to a paramed (I write a lot of non med though) and they have no financial committment I don't consider that a true sale.

Was taught no money, no sale.. Submitted my first case ever where the first premium was to be drafted last month. Faxed the app in, received immediate payment of commissions but couldn't shake the idea that I didn't really have a sale..

Last edited:
"I would never let the client fill out the app, no matter whether it is for Med Supps or life or any other kind of insurance. "

Till they lie about something, then claim you didn't write down what they told you....

I usually have clients always do their apps and either sit there with them or review it when it comes in.

To each his own, but I learned this in the old days when I was with NYL. I mean, think about it, any cash value policy now requires a client signature on the illustration before they will take it.

Yeah I do think that's pretty impressive actually.

I just think it was really classless for you to say
selling insurance like a kirby salesman.

You know what's really funny?

Have you ever read the Feldman Method?

It's a book about the greatest life saleman ever.

You know what he did?

Exactly what I do.

By the way I'm lazy so I work less than 20 hours
a week and do that much production.

I have already decided this month to work 40
I bet I can start doing 20-30 k a month in life.

Can you?

Let's have a contest. You post everyday how much you did in production
and put up a screen shot to prove it. I will do the same. Whoever loses pays
the other guy $500 bucks.

That would be $160,000 in premium over a year.

I also do annuities. My goal is 1,000,000 this year in annuities
and at least 100,000 in placed life.

So...

Lets see...

100,000 insurance- around 100k income

1,000,000 annuity business about another 80k....

180-200k

average agent replying to this....

Less than 50,000

So yeah join the majors and quit crying- :D

Last edited:

You know what he did?

Exactly what I do.

Can you?

So...

Lets see...

180-200k

Less than 50,000

Bunch of nonsense. :laugh:

You know what he did?

Exactly what I do.

Can you?

So...

Lets see...

180-200k

Less than 50,000

Ok Toolbox, here's the deal. You replied to my post in this thread with "1st of all don't listen to guys who say they haven't bought..." which is a direct quote from my post. Who are you to tell the OP who to listen to? You have an opinion? Post it like everyone else.

And since you said you do everything Ben Feldman does... I don't recall ever reading about or actually hearing Ben in person ever challenge another producer. I find that those who are "production endowed" on this board and in general don't feel the need to brag.

Get over it, stud. If you can dismiss another poster's post like you did mine and then go brittle when rebuked for it, maybe you don't have the emotional constitution for playing nice with others, and participating in a forum such as this just isn't for you.

I'm putting you on "ignore" so feel free to grunt out as witty a response as you can. It might make you feel better, but I won't see it. Just ask yourself this...

WWBD? (What would Ben do?)

My apologies to the thread. Perhaps now we can get back on subject.

Last edited:
Back