Contracts With a GA.

How binding are contract, I have a guy who wants me to sign up under him but he will not give me a release for 3 years, I have always heard to go with a company that will give you a release when you want it. Is that true? I like the guy but think that 3 years is too long if the relationship does not work? Any suggestions?

There would have to be a compelling reason for them to do a three year. Salary?

Without a release usually you can walk after six months of non-production, even without an upfront release agreement (which is actually uncommon).

Why do you want to contract with the person? Plenty of folks will give you pretty favorable terms like a fixed lead program, high commissions, training, etc, so what would make that such a great opportunity?

Well, that is why I am questioning it, there is not salary, just a guy starting out like me but works under someone who has made it pretty big and wants to bring me in, I get nothing more than street level commision and his help if I need it. I said that I would be more than willing to go with them because I like the guy I just don't want to agree to 3 years if it does not work, so maybe the 6 months of writhing no business would work if it does not work.

Just walk away. Outside of you leaving out something huge, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to take that deal.

Well, that is why I am questioning it, there is not salary, just a guy starting out like me but works under someone who has made it pretty big and wants to bring me in, I get nothing more than street level commision and his help if I need it. I said that I would be more than willing to go with them because I like the guy I just don't want to agree to 3 years if it does not work, so maybe the 6 months of writhing no business would work if it does not work.

You say he's just starting out like you...how much help can he give you?:skeptical:

That's twice you've said you like the guy. Do you like the guy...or do you "like' the guy?:err:

" I like the guy but think that 3 years is too long if the relationship does not work? "

You're right, 3 years is too long...don't do it.:no:

Latest posts

Back