Can I rebrand with DBA without a lot oof hassle?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Can I rebrand with a DBA and still keep my contracts the same or do I need to recontract with new name?

I want to do a new Name of buis right now its just my name followed by insurance agency

I can buy a new domain for what I want and the DBA is available in my state for what I want

What I dont know is does that affect my contracts? is it everything new like a new buis

or is it just an extension off my current buis

Last edited:
If you want your DBA to get paid by the insurance company, you'll have to recontract. Be aware though, not all companies will pay to a DBA. They will pay to an LLC though.

If you want your DBA to get paid by the insurance company, you'll have to recontract. Be aware though, not all companies will pay to a DBA. They will pay to an LLC though.

But do I have to have the DBA paid by Ins companies or can I still keep all that the same

and just have the DBA for marketing and website purposes

That's really what I am trying to do

Oh, then if it's just for marketing and website purposes, don't even involve the insurance companies. Just do your DBA without recontracting.
I mean there is not downside to it that I am not thinking of

I like a new name, that is not just my own name where I can create a new website and marketing pieces

to kind of create a message or identity

If I do hire someone LOA I would just contract under my own current buis name right?

If I am understanding this correct

Just double checking one more time before I take action and buy Domaine and DBA names

I mean there is not downside to it that I am not thinking of

I like a new name, that is not just my own name where I can create a new website and marketing pieces

to kind of create a message or identity

If I do hire someone LOA I would just contract under my own current buis name right?

If I am understanding this correct

Just double checking one more time before I take action and buy Domaine and DBA names
Yes, I think you understand perfectly. Don't mix the insurance companies with your DBA and you'll be just fine.

Can I rebrand with a DBA and still keep my contracts the same or do I need to recontract with new name?

I want to do a new Name of buis right now its just my name followed by insurance agency

I can buy a new domain for what I want and the DBA is available in my state for what I want

What I dont know is does that affect my contracts? is it everything new like a new buis

or is it just an extension off my current buis
With the carriers, I use my name. On my website and business cards, I have my last name followed by Insurance Agency.

Latest posts

Back